the 100% directionless thread

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Here's one for you.

37-year-old female, normally healthy and fit. Experiencing transient nausea and vomiting. This morning found tachycardic, experiencing sudden onset nausea, "can't keep anything down." No significant medical history, no meds, no allergies.

I know what you're thinking…

I thought the same thing.

And it turned out, I was right! My wife is pregnant, due in September. :)

And Zofran is her new best friend.

Congrats man :)

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Haha. Baby Zofran. That's awesome. No worse then "Apple" or "rainbow".

Better than naming your baby "Abcde"!

And congrats!!!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Haha. Baby Zofran. That's awesome. No worse then "Apple" or "rainbow".

We may just have to start a poll to see if you should name the kid Zofran...:rofl:

Congrats!

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Zofran Norco the Third.

APAP BiPap CPAP, Jr.

jim-bane.jpg

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I am 3 days away from being allowed to work for the company I want to work for, and they just put up applications. I so hope that they finally hire me.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I like how doctors can say whatever they want to patients and get away with it.

I had a STEMI patient arrested once with EMS, another time in the cath lab, and then another episode of sustained V tach on the floor. This guy was just angry, rude, and complaining about everything. The doctor came in and said "You have died twice and almost a third time this week. We saved your life. Shut up, stop complaining, and just be greatful you are here right now. If you do not like the care you are receiving you are welcome to leave"

JPINFV

Gadfly
I like how doctors can say whatever they want to patients and get away with it.

I had a STEMI patient arrested once with EMS, another time in the cath lab, and then another episode of sustained V tach on the floor. This guy was just angry, rude, and complaining about everything. The doctor came in and said "You have died twice and almost a third time this week. We saved your life. Shut up, stop complaining, and just be greatful you are here right now. If you do not like the care you are receiving you are welcome to leave"

Social intubation candidate.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Congratulations n7!!! That's awesome!

I am 3 days away from being allowed to work for the company I want to work for, and they just put up applications. I so hope that they finally hire me.

Good for you dude! I hope this time around things go better, you've earned it.

Spent my entire day, 75 degree bluebird one playing in the back yard with the pup, going on a run and sleeping in the back yard...I guess ill take the sled out mañana and be more productive...gotta love riding in a t-shirt! I'm still so bummed about this winter but gotta ride while there's at least still snow on the ground.

Follow throttle time up with drinks with a cute blonde, sounds like a great way to spend my last day off ;)

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
So far this morning in the Indy area, there has been multiple accidents. Two semis roll off the interstate (in 2 separate accidents), a fatal accident (car ran into the back of a semi), car rolled off the interstate, and multiple smaller accidents. People, slow down when it's icy!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
So far this morning in the Indy area, there has been multiple accidents. Two semis roll off the interstate (in 2 separate accidents), a fatal accident (car ran into the back of a semi), car rolled off the interstate, and multiple smaller accidents. People, slow down when it's icy!

I love the snow. Wish it snowed year round.

I HATE working during a snowstorm. Death by paperwork from ridiculous car accidents. Kinda entertaining to sit there and try to figure out how the hell they ended up the the situation they're in.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

Ice? You mean there is other kinds of ice aside from what goes into drinks? (SoCal desert = no ice haha)

We hit 90 degrees today in my area :cool:

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
When working we often have the radio playing at whatever station the crew chose or the previous crew have left it on; before anybody saying anything we also have the Ambulance radio turned up so we can hear that; had a lady with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (another one!) and I just about wet my pants laughing when some female singlr started up about how deep down she knows her broken heart just ain't right, I looked it up, it was "Piece of my Heart' by Faith Hill. Um, luckily my work pants are black? :D

Had a lady with crushing chest pain, radiating to her L) arm and back, nonspecific T wave changes in anteroseptal leads as well as some U waves; I think she might have had pericarditis.

I seem to be developing a disturbing trend whereby I read something about something or talk to somebody who had it and then a little while later I will have it; e.g. pericarditis, cardiac arrest, ectopic pregnancy, guy who had rabies, um, its really weird and I think I might go around with cotton buds stuffed in my ears so I can't hear any more stories so that means I won't get it?

One of my other patients was named Claire ... what does she think she is cooler or something? Hmmph! :p

Another lady patient with cholecystitis absolutely loved the morphine, said she couldn't wait to have her "gold bladder' removed; I didn't have the heart to correct, neither did my offsider, and she clearly said "gold bladder" and it wasn't the morphine ...

Some guy reckoned his ear hurt because he feel asleep and an ant crawled in it .... like WTF dude? When I checked with the hospital they were doing an MRI of his head ... wouldn't some ant spray be cheaper than an MRI?

Some other guy got impetigo and vertigo confused; well is your eye pink or do you get dizzy? Hmm ....

Apart from work I must say summer has been absolutely fantastic and is lasting very nicely; its very desirable and I do not wish for summer to be taken away by people in northern hemisphere; so um, yeah, please do not do so until I am sufficiently tanned and such ...

And it turned out, I was right! My wife is pregnant, due in September. :)

And Zofran is her new best friend.

I had to look that up, and yes, I love ondansetron too!, especially the oral wafers that we have now, they are awesome!

I would hope that there are no other best friends involved here :D

I had a very, very surreal and quite disturbingly realistic dream that I was pregnant a few nights ago, maybe a week ago now, it was so real I thought it was real, I can remember dreaming of waking up and being big and bulky and pregnant and feeling awful in the morning and not being able to see my feet!

So um ... about that trend of people mentioning things and then them happening to me? Yeah .....

Well, not to worry the chance I am pregnant is actually quite impossible given that fact I am single and not sexually active? ... *wipes forehead, phew! :D

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Saint Patty's day is only a few days away. Irish Car bombs and Guinness all weekend.

Anyone out there a Whiskey connoisseur?

What is a good Irish Whiskey to try? Bushmills, Kilbeggan, Jameson? There are so many varieties

Anjel

Forum Angel
Saint Patty's day is only a few days away. Irish Car bombs and Guinness all weekend.

What is a good Irish Whiskey to try? Bushmills, Kilbeggan, Jameson? There are so many varieties

I love Jameson and passion fruit vodka.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader

Eek you make a good point, it is fast approaching. This year I'm looking to take it a little easier, last year's was too long and too aggressive and nearly resulted in a few friends being visited by Clare's coworkers in the early afternoon after they were pushed/fell into Auckland Harbor off a tall pier.

Maybe I'll bring a single Guinness skiing?

Rhonda

Forum Lieutenant
Working standby at the Mountain West basketball tournament today! A full 12 hours of college basketball equals a good day!