the 100% directionless thread

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
one day of callback and I feel like an arthritic old grandmother who is in bed by eight pm ... sad

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm sad I missed out on the section 12 thread. It looks like fun was had by all involved.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
After day 4 of my clinicals, I will never again speak ill of ED nurses. I don't know how they do it day in and day out.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Would love to do a medic program in 2 to 4 years. I think this is it. One day, my post-nominals can be MBA, MPH, NRP (and maybe ScD). One day.

Next step (after graduation with my shiny-new AB in May) is AEMT. I think. Hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:

akhan36

Forum Ride Along
Hi I am attending the EMT program at VCC this coming semester. I am planing to use that experience for PA school. My question is about the schedule for working as an EMT. I plan on staying in school to finish my last year of my Bachelors degree. Thanks for any insight.:)

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Hi I am attending the EMT program at VCC this coming semester. I am planing to use that experience for PA school. My question is about the schedule for working as an EMT. I plan on staying in school to finish my last year of my Bachelors degree. Thanks for any insight.:)

Schedules are going to be very agency dependent. I work 24on/48off. There are many, many more schedule types.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Would love to do a medic program in 2 to 4 years. I think this is it. One day, my post-nominals can be MBA, MPH, NRP (and maybe ScD). One day.

Next step (after graduation with my shiny-new AB in May) is AEMT. I think. Hopefully.

This. I like.

Anjel

Forum Angel
It's a question of that $, as usual :(

(This post needs a meme.)

26123824.jpg

It's all I got lol

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
26123824.jpg

It's all I got lol

I was going to use one of the Futurama ones ("Take my money"), but couldn't quite figure out if it was useful or not :p

Begging for money works for me, haha.

I just feel like if I could get involved in EMS policy, I could make some difference (even without an MD/DO to my name, but I'd probably need to earn my NRP, I would imagine).

Last edited by a moderator:

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Sad story day, 50some year old had a stroke hemiplegic, breast, stomach and liver cancer, son died in car accident few years prior, pacemaker due to hx of blocks.

17 yo shot 3 times, ex football quarterback for a high school, now contractedx4 with trache tube. Both aaox3. Depressed, ect. Joked around with em, first lady wanted to introduce me to her daughter. My partner ended up giving his gamer tag to the teen to play cod with later.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Well...the puppy chewed the only other MacBook charger in the house. Roommate still hasn't replaced the one she chewed that was mine. Tried to blame me for the second one, "you left it on the ground!"

"Maybe you shoulda listened to what the other three roommates in the house said and not let her roam free at 14 weeks..."

"We'll now neither of us can use our laptops!"

"Looks like you're making a trip to the Apple Store to buy me that charger that you owe me then."

He didn't like that one much.

This pup is so damn cute but that's 200$ in computer chargers that she's destroyed...On top of the cash he already owes me for rent and the deposit I'm starting to lose my patience.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
That is why I would never rent a room with people who aren't family.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Sad story day, 50some year old had a stroke hemiplegic, breast, stomach and liver cancer, son died in car accident few years prior, pacemaker due to hx of blocks.

17 yo shot 3 times, ex football quarterback for a high school, now contractedx4 with trache tube. Both aaox3. Depressed, ect. Joked around with em, first lady wanted to introduce me to her daughter. My partner ended up giving his gamer tag to the teen to play cod with later.

That really sucks. I just ran on a 62yo that was beaten by her 7yo great grandson with a picture frame and a curtain rod. She had about a 10cm lac on her head and some bruising. Kid also broke the window out in their living room.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
I want to replace the speakers in my truck, I know the ones I want, and it looks easy to do. Ten screws to get the dash off, then 4 on each speaker plus wiring. Problem is I'm too afraid I'll break something to do it, and I don't want to spend the money a shop would want...

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I want to replace the speakers in my truck, I know the ones I want, and it looks easy to do. Ten screws to get the dash off, then 4 on each speaker plus wiring. Problem is I'm too afraid I'll break something to do it, and I don't want to spend the money a shop would want...

It's not the screws that are the issue, it's the plastic tabs that are also used to hold trim into place. I took my dash off to replace speakers and a few instrument panel lights, it was an all day, two person affair. Then again working on cars is not really my forte.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
It's not the screws that are the issue, it's the plastic tabs that are also used to hold trim into place. I took my dash off to replace speakers and a few instrument panel lights, it was an all day, two person affair. Then again working on cars is not really my forte.

+10000000000000.

The screws and bolts are the easy parts. Those dang plastic clips are a complete PITA. They are molded into the plastic trim so if you break the clip you can't buy a new clip.

BeachMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Fine ventricular fibrillation still has some electrical activity; asystole does not.

What do you mean? How would you note that electrical activity on the ecg? Do you mean the occasional blip or complex?

I was asking that question since we're assuming p-wave fibrillation can be so fine that it was indistinguishable from a flat isoeletric line.

Either way, wouldn't be distinguishable in the field and neither would really alter my course of treatment.