the 100% directionless thread

You will like it. Don’t let it get stolen by coworkers.

I'm headed down that road in the very near future. Today she said I had to do something with my hair. She came to the rescue with hair spray.
Hopefully it wasn't Nair.

Whenever I hear hairspray I immediately think Aqua Net.

Trying to get patches made for our base. Our current patch is 3in which is the same size as the velcro circle on our flight suits. Company making the patches recommends 3.5in as the detail stitching will not look great on 3in and after seeing some others that size I agree it looks messy.

Anyone else happen to have a 3.5in patch? Would the .5in overhang be an issue?

that's what my mom used when we were younger.

Did you know flies are semi fireproof, the wings aren't. After that they become a walk.
How did you discover this?

Lol, so we looked it up, my current Engine,, the vacation station, had 364 calls last year, barely 1 per day average lol

My new company, had a little less than 1500 calls in the same time period, roughly 4 per day average, 4x busier than we are (and they were like middle of the pack, 17th busiest Station in the department... mine was 3rd slowest)

Lol, so we looked it up, my current Engine,, the vacation station, had 364 calls last year, barely 1 per day average lol

My new company, had a little less than 1500 calls in the same time period, roughly 4 per day average, 4x busier than we are (and they were like middle of the pack, 17th busiest Station in the department... mine was 3rd slowest)

No offense but 1500 calls a year still sounds like a retirement station.

Trying to get patches made for our base. Our current patch is 3in which is the same size as the velcro circle on our flight suits. Company making the patches recommends 3.5in as the detail stitching will not look great on 3in and after seeing some others that size I agree it looks messy.

Anyone else happen to have a 3.5in patch? Would the .5in overhang be an issue?
While I don’t know the exact size of our patch (it’s not a round one) it does have a decent amount of overhang on it. The only time it has been an issue is during the wash cycle it likes to grab on to other Velcro surfaces. Aside from that there have been no issues.

Before I transferred closer to where I live my old station was running close to 5,000 calls a year. I distinctly remember running about 70 calls in a 72 hour period.

Before I transferred closer to where I live my old station was running close to 5,000 calls a year. I distinctly remember running about 70 calls in a 72 hour period.
And now you are at what, 30 a year? Haha

In some relatively good news, my 3M Faceshield PAPR helmet has arrived. Almost amazingly enough, it fits my noggin pretty well and is quite comfortable. As an added bonus, physically it feels narrower/smaller than the PAPR hoods we have at work.

View attachment 4957
You will like it. Don’t let it get stolen by coworkers.
I've already used it a few times in one shift. Overall it's easier and more comfy than the N95/goggles setup we're provided. Another bonus is my hard of hearing patients can lip read to help them understand because they can see me talk. My coworkers know this one is MINE! Worst thing is now I've gotten some of them looking to get one too. A couple other nurses and doctors are very interested...

I think one of the best reasons I like it is this thing fits well and doesn't feel like I'm wearing an inflated bag on my head.

Ive lived in this house for less than 2 years and ive had 7 random people stop and offer to spray seal my asphalt drive.

Finally agreed on $300 with some random guy today. This may be one of my dumber decisions.

Not a bad price though for a 100x16 drive with another 15×30 parking section attached.

I've already used it a few times in one shift. Overall it's easier and more comfy than the N95/goggles setup we're provided. Another bonus is my hard of hearing patients can lip read to help them understand because they can see me talk. My coworkers know this one is MINE! Worst thing is now I've gotten some of them looking to get one too. A couple other nurses and doctors are very interested...

I think one of the best reasons I like it is this thing fits well and doesn't feel like I'm wearing an inflated bag on my head.

Did you just buy the hood or the entire PAPR? We don't have them at my place. I'd love one but it's gotta be expensive.

My last ambulance job was maybe twice as busy still, and routinely ran stand up 24s...

At least I'll still be getting calls regularly instead of a whole cycle with maybe 2-4 calls total...

I got myself an Ops-Core SOTR since i am Gucci. Being able to plug in the microphone to my helmet is actually a huge perk tho. Trying to communicate in a helicopter with N95s is pretty useless.
1416A654-76F0-4EC1-ABBC-D4316A580647.jpeg

Here I was thinking I was cool with a respirator and some anti fog lab goggles.

Back