the 100% directionless thread

Yeah you would be the guy who owns a FAST helmet...

Then again I own a TW EXFIL (non-ballisitc unfortunately).

Ha that is a google image, not me. I also have a TW Exfil....for my NVGs

This doppler thing looks like it came out of the 60s. 🤔

Is it a gold standard still? Will it be around for awhile, should it be?

Until someone figures out a better way to get FHTs or a MAP on a non-pulsatile patient in transport which I doubt will be anytime soon

Have you guys really been having issues with comms while wearing N95s? That hasn’t been an issue for us so far.

Probably depends on the Airframe and comms system but it is a challenge for us, have to push the mic against the mask or yell. But the BK is loud AF

Last edited:
@Akulahawk

I usually prefer to plug the probe into my iPad as it gives me a larger screen, but for doppler my iPhone is perfectly adequate.

This sheltering in place has reignited my inner gamer. Marvel game looks cool, waiting for it to download.

The girls are playing Metal Slug in the meanwhile. I didn’t think they’d take to it so well😏...

I'm about to break out the monkey island series once finals is over

That’s a beautiful day. Find some shade and enjoy some relax time while waiting
Yeah we've got some shade but there's a treeline that I think is serving as a windbreak or maybe there's just not much wind. Can't wait for some w a t e r

It's over 100 again at work, and probably wont go below that until October.

It's over 100 again at work, and probably wont go below that until October.
We hit 108 about a week ago. The one positive this summer is that our aircraft is limited to 122 instead of the 113 we were limited at last year.

We hit 108 about a week ago. The one positive this summer is that our aircraft is limited to 122 instead of the 113 we were limited at last year.
Ooh, we hit 105, my 1st summer there we had seven straight days at 120 or hotter. Curious to see if Reach 21 or MA6 will fly in that heat, We didnt need them then, thank god

Wdym limited?

Hot air doesn't provide as much lift, which is kinda important for a helicopter. Add in the weight of the crew, gear, and fuel then add the pt what would otherwise be a normal flight in adequate ambient air temperatures in the summer it may not provide enough lift.

They will shut down airports here in So CAL and even Phoenix in the summer on really hot days due to the runways blowing tires on takeoff's and landings.

Hot air doesn't provide as much lift, which is kinda important for a helicopter. Add in the weight of the crew, gear, and fuel then add the pt what would otherwise be a normal flight in adequate ambient air temperatures in the summer it may not provide enough lift.

They will shut down airports here in So CAL and even Phoenix in the summer on really hot days due to the runways blowing tires on takeoff's and landings.

What happens if you run into a thermal

Wdym limited?
Helicopters have different operating temperatures that change based on the manufacture, specific model, and the manufacturer of the engine or engines that are in the helicopter.

We are in the same airframe as we were last year but the engines on this helicopter are from a different manufacture than last year. So our temperature limits have increased from 113 to 122. There will still be probably 20 days this summer where we will be out of service for the temperature.

A firefighter gave me his number today. 😬

I thought he was going to ask me to move the truck

A firefighter gave me his number today. 😬

I thought he was going to ask me to move the truck

Watch out for those firefighters... I hear they’re real *******s.

Back