the 100% directionless thread

What are days off? Last day of my 72 hour shift I was up all night on a veg fire, I have been up for 36 hours straight. I specifically didn't pick up OT so I could get my 4 days off to start my "yard improvement" project (which I started today after getting off work). Don't you dare say that 4 days is too much.
Eh, you’re young. You’ll be ah-ight. I’m sure you’ll “do ok” on CALPers. I’m old, my bones hurt. Hopefully my retirement pays off.

Eh, you’re young. You’ll be ah-ight. I’m sure you’ll “do ok” on CALPers. I’m old, my bones hurt. Hopefully my retirement pays off.

Young and tired, zombie mode is in full swing at the moment. I just need more hours in the day to get the things I want to get done; done.

2.7% @57 (when I turn 50 I'll be at 87%) I think I'll be fine when I'm old and my bones hurt.

Head trauma leading to my kid on a ventilator 😅

Not sure what personality your kid is, but if it were me, I'd lock up any unattended trampoline with a toddler in case they sneak a jump when they shouldn't.

Listening to AC/DC. Literally, all I got.
#’Murrica...

You’d never guess they weren’t.

Last edited:
Been on a bit of a movie binge, slight horror/thriller bent. Watched for the first time Sixth Sense, Fight Club, the original 1974 Murder on the Orient Express, and now A Quiet Place.

1 quiz and 4 finals to go and I'm done with the semester. Then I get to be sane and take just a single class over the summer and I'll be done. Baring any failed classes this semester 😖

I signed up for some free online classes supposedly affiliated with Harvard. I think I can now say I went to Harvard? I dunno, some of the classes look ridiculous, but a Ventilator class on Covid and some bioethics class caught my eye.

Do vollies really subsidize the market that much for paid regulars and make us worth less?

Do vollies really subsidize the market that much for paid regulars and make us worth less?
Yes and no, depending upon a variety of factors such as location, call volumes and tax base.

My God that sounds like a thread title.

A complicated question and very situational.

No matter how you feel about this, you're going to tick someone off. It's like trying to discuss religion, abortion, or guns. Everyone has their own opinion and you'll never convince the other guy that they're wrong and you're right. :)

A complicated question and very situational.

No matter how you feel about this, you're going to tick someone off. It's like trying to discuss religion, abortion, or guns. Everyone has their own opinion and you'll never convince the other guy that they're wrong and you're right. :)

Yeah but one of the above protects the others. :)

Yard project is officially done. Ripped out a bunch of crap in the front. Planted blueberry and blackberry bushes we'll see if I get a yield. I'm doubtful for Blackberrys, but the blueberries have buds on them. Also got the garden started in the back. Pulling out weeds I discovered that apparently I have carrots growing already.

Yard project is officially done. Ripped out a bunch of crap in the front. Planted blueberry and blackberry bushes we'll see if I get a yield. I'm doubtful for Blackberrys, but the blueberries have buds on them. Also got the garden started in the back. Pulling out weeds I discovered that apparently I have carrots growing already.
Keep digging and you may find Jimmy Hoffa. :p

2nd RSI in nearly as many days having been back a handful of shifts since taking leave. I’m willing to bet this well will dry up once our third rider starts their training.

Also, I still need a damn haircut.

Last edited:
Transfer list came out. I got my number one choice! E10 (The Aiea Station closest to me) Same platoon so same schedule, May 10 is my first day there.

Bye bye vacation station 🤣

Also, I still need a damn haircut.
Me too. Someone locally is doing haircuts for first responders, like outa their house. Had to call to set up an appointment (which is not for another week). I'll be pushing 2 months since my last haircut, and sounds like all the barbers will be closed for another month still...

For anyone in the MO or IL area....

94702531_2849825251801668_219135974540574720_o.jpg

Back