the 100% directionless thread

Transfer list came out. I got my number one choice! E10 (The Aiea Station closest to me) Same platoon so same schedule, May 10 is my first day there.

Bye bye vacation station 🤣

Me too. Someone locally is doing haircuts for first responders, like outa their house. Had to call to set up an appointment (which is not for another week). I'll be pushing 2 months since my last haircut, and sounds like all the barbers will be closed for another month still...
Used to live up the hill from thr drive in movie theatre in Aiea.

Well the flowers I planted are doing their job. Bee's be pollinating them.

After a long couple shifts assigned to the "respiratory tent" at work and having my N95 mask start chewing my nose, I have decided that I am in need of something a LOT more comfortable to wear, is NOT disposable (MINE) and works with our PAPR equipment....

Why? The hoods are in short supply and don't fit well. Since it'll be MINE, it'll be adjusted to fit my noggin. Eventually I'll add to this so I'll have a complete system of my own (mostly because I'll be getting into woodworking and I hate breathing sawdust...) so even if I don't use this much now or next year (expecting a combined flu/COVID19 season), it's still not a bad purchase.

3m-versaflo-rsprtry-facshld-asmbly-m-206-wth-ssv-and-cfs-1-cs.jpg

We use Carbon-14 dating to determine our age?
Probably old enough that we have to use Uranium-Lead dating... Some of us (not me) make fossils look young... 🤪

Probably old enough that we have to use Uranium-Lead dating... Some of us (not me) make fossils look young... 🤪
And some of us were around to make those fossils

Its amazing how often sending facilities mix another patients paperwork in with our packet. Today we got discharge instructions for a 27 year old male with chlamydia. Our patient was a septic 82 year old.

Last edited:
Its amazing how often sending facilities mix another patients paperwork in with our packet. Today we got discharge instructions for a 27 year old male with chlamydia. Our patient was a septic 82 year old.
Did he identify as a 27 year old male with chlamydia?

Well that was interesting... ran a call, went to put a patient on oxygen, and all 4 NRBs in our bag were pediatric masks, like a Pedi mask even had an 'A' sharpied on its bag in the Adult mask pouch... guess I'll be inspecting the masks a little more closely in the mornings heh

Well that was interesting... ran a call, went to put a patient on oxygen, and all 4 NRBs in our bag were pediatric masks, like a Pedi mask even had an 'A' sharpied on its bag in the Adult mask pouch...
I mean. It’s a buncha firemen. C’man?! Really?!!...😆😆😅😅😂😂

In some relatively good news, my 3M Faceshield PAPR helmet has arrived. Almost amazingly enough, it fits my noggin pretty well and is quite comfortable. As an added bonus, physically it feels narrower/smaller than the PAPR hoods we have at work.

M-206 Helmet arrived.jpg

Back