the 100% directionless thread

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
What'd ya get? I hate to say it but I need new ones and have no idea which ones I want.

I'm stuck between station boots or a real pair. My real pair is still decent, they need a good buff-job though. And some air freshener :lol:

I'm about ready for a new pair as well, my 5.11's didn't hold up worth a crap. I'm thinking maybe a pair of Danners.

On a side note: I think I may see if I can drive my brothers S4 tonight.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Im gonna get a pair of underarmor boots for the summer.

My bates boots I got are falling apart.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
My Pro Warrington's going on 4 years old and still going strong haha

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
On a side note: I think I may see if I can drive my brothers S4 tonight.

Super jealous. A V8 in a small car is just pure bliss.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

I wasn't super impressed when I went on the test drive with him, but perhaps it's more impressive when you drive it? There's just so much sound proofing, so it kinda ruins part of the experience for me.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I wasn't super impressed when I went on the test drive with him, but perhaps it's more impressive when you drive it? There's just so much sound proofing, so it kinda ruins part of the experience for me.

Ahh, I gotcha. Never had a chance to drive the S4, but had good times with the M3 twice (two blissful, blissful times). Hopefully it's not like driving a Lexus... :p

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
re

Take a drive in an older Cosworth V8 Mini. First time I saw one was when I lived in Germany. Was walking down the strasse and hearing the loping of a beefed up v8. I could not friggin believe it when it was a mini with an accordian top on it. The owner just laughed about it.

Ive yet to see one but i also here the twin turbo v6 version are little demons also

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
What a day. Held over for 12 hours, didn't mind so much because I need the money and was working with my best friend. Got put on a detail to help teach Ambulance operations to the EMT class at my school (because my supervisor is also an instructor there) and we just had one call.

Our one call was a very sick patient and we knocked it out like rockstars. But then, we got yelled at by the MICN on the radio and mocked in the hospital for not upgrading the patient to ALS. Never mind the fact we saw the closest 911 unit transporting a patient while on the way to our scene, we had a 15 minute transport, and that waiting for ALS to get on scene, take a turnover, **** around getting IV, and get to the hospital would have thrown an extra 15-20 minutes on to that.

Call into question my decisions all you want, I can justify every single one. Don't sit there and talk smack when you have no idea what's going on.

Grrr. Alright, I'm vented and ready for my shift tomorrow :)

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
re

Should have kicked her in the shin and ran out!

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Take a drive in an older Cosworth V8 Mini. First time I saw one was when I lived in Germany. Was walking down the strasse and hearing the loping of a beefed up v8. I could not friggin believe it when it was a mini with an accordian top on it. The owner just laughed about it.

Ive yet to see one but i also here the twin turbo v6 version are little demons also

Wow, a V8 in an old-style Mini? *whistles* Daaaaamnnn!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Medic Internship starts tomorrow at 0745... and I'm back to feeling like I know nothing :lol:

It feels like my first day on the job all over again and it hasn't even started.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Medic Internship starts tomorrow at 0745... and I'm back to feeling like I know nothing :lol:

It feels like my first day on the job all over again and it hasn't even started.

Congrats, bro.
You're solid, man. Don't sweat it.

ATrain

Forum Crew Member
I know there's quite a few people from the Indianapolis area on here. That being said, anyone know much about Community Hospital East practical tests? I'll be up there May 12 for my medic.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Just back to quarters after a structure fire stand by. Resident was an 81 year old guy, and he lost everything. It broke my heart to see him standing there, watching the fire fighters, as the silent tears rolled down his cheeks.

Man. That was rough.

saskgirl

Forum Crew Member
Feeling a bit sad today, got a phone call yesterday from a co-worker to let us know that his girfriend, who is also a co-worker of ours, was killed in an MVA. She was t-boned in her little car by a semi.
Feeling horrible for him, I can't imagine.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler

Just remember it's pronounced ANNALgesic and not...well, you get it...

Good luck and have fun.

Cup of Joe

Forum Captain
Just remember it's pronounced ANNALgesic and not...well, you get it...

Good luck and have fun.

I just got a good laugh because I had a friend who thought it was pronounced another way. Then he realized we were laughing at him...:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
a6cd888b-28e5-c2a8.jpg

Last call of the first day of my internship....

Walking, talking, smiling with VT @ 190. Only complaint was a "knot" in his throat.

If things keep up like today I'm going to have a fairly interesting internship, thats for sure!

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
1:1 HR to beat?

Contact med control or just transport with pads on his torso and a raised fist ready to pound?