the 100% directionless thread

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Hawaii isn't part of the contiguous 48 states, so that doesn't count, in my mind.

Hawaii and Alaska are the red-headed step-children of the united states :glare:

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Hawaii and Alaska are the red-headed step-children of the united states :glare:

Hey, if it costs more to ship there than anywhere else in the States, they can frig off. :rofl:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Do you still get paid for the 12 if you finish in 6 hours?

yes

The new executive director of my agency is wanting to switch to power cars. Not quite sold on it yet, because although you CAN get out early, you don't know the exact time you'll get out, so you can't really plan anything, especially since you can still get out AFTER the 12 hour "maximum".

Currently we have HUT shifts for OT, which are High Utility Trucks. Work 8 hours, get paid for 12.

I personally don't mind it. I've never heard of it taking longer than 8 or 9 hours for a crew to finish. Technically if you get to 25 minutes prior to your scheduled EOS they tell you to get fuel and come home and wont keep you out late unless you have the bad luck of being the closest unit to a 911 call.

Here the dispatcher screws you so you'll get your last call right at end of shift. It's a trick. They run you like crazy with the possibility of getting off early then make it where you can't.

Oooor send you on a long distance and count it as one.

Maybe it's different but our dispatchers try pretty hard to get the HPC crew transfers as fast as they can. If there are no pending transfers they double post them over the downtown car and give the HPC priority on calls in that area.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
The pizza challenge: Defending the honor of N.Y. and Hawaii

Hawaii isn't part of the contiguous 48 states, so that doesn't count, in my mind.

Poetic injustice said: Hawaii and Alaska are the red-headed step-children of the united states

First off, there is NO real good pizza left of NY and New Jersey!

(Anyone who has eaten that or bagels there knows that's the truth; it's because of the water, mineral rich from underground glacier aquifers and generally considered to be the highest quality/tastiest tap water in the U.S.)

...and even though I truly doubt Oahu has the best pizza, Hawaii counts more than you know:

Horses got here before Texas.

1st printing press west of the Rockies.

1st High School west of the Rockies.

80% literacy rate (reading and writing in Hawaiian) by about 1860 -- Northeast coast literacy (in own language) about 60%

Had electric lights BEFORE the White House.

Polynesian navigators were routinely crossing thousands of miles of open sea (in dual-hulled dugout canoes!) about 1,700 years before Western man left sight of land!

Besides that, we don't have to worry about suddenly seismically slipping into the sea, we're already there and the surf's up!

Hawaii was actually a sovereign nation, recognized throughout the world, whose legal government (a constitutional monarchy modeled on Britain) was overthrown by a cabal of U.S. businessmen in conspiracy with the U.S. Minister of Hawaii. It is the only piece of stolen U.S. territory once ruled by Kings and Queens.

Last edited by a moderator:

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
The pizza challenge: Defending the honor of N.Y. and Hawaii

First off, there is NO real good pizza left of NY and New Jersey!

(Anyone who has eaten that or bagels there knows that's the truth; it's because of the water, mineral rich from underground glacier aquifers and generally considered to be the highest quality/tastiest tap water in the U.S.)

...and even though I truly doubt Oahu has the best pizza, Hawaii counts more than you know:

Horses got here before Texas.

1st printing press west of the Rockies.

1st High School west of the Rockies.

80% literacy rate (reading and writing in Hawaiian) by about 1860 -- Northeast coast literacy (in own language) about 60%

Had electric lights BEFORE the White House.

Polynesian navigators were routinely crossing thousands of miles of open sea (in dual-hulled dugout canoes!) about 1,700 years before Western man left sight of land!

Besides that, we don't have to worry about suddenly seismically slipping into the sea, we're already there and the surf's up!

Hawaii was actually a sovereign nation, recognized throughout the world, whose legal government (a constitutional monarchy modeled on Britain) was overthrown by a cabal of U.S. businessmen in conspiracy with the U.S. Minister of Hawaii. It is the only piece of stolen U.S. territory once ruled by Kings and Queens.

While all true, I don't see how any of this moves Hawaii to the West coast of the contiguous 48 States. :p

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Patient has a possible TIA 2 days ago. All symptoms are gone less then 24 hours after onset. Patient goes to urgent care 2 days later (today). Doctor says BLS transport is fine. So we transport to the hospital and I do my call in telling them everything.

Get to the hospital and they decided to activate the full stroke team (code 10). Gotta say that was a new experience haha

Anjel

Forum Angel
Why???? glucagon, lidocaine, lorazepam, magnesium sulfate, manitol, merepidine, and metaproterenol. Why!?????

Why am I such a procrastinator?

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
And tonight... I shall write about intoxication.. TJ is Drunk.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
1001 posts!

And now, studying for my anatomy midterm!

Anjel

Forum Angel
The parkland burn formula just put my class into a stupid coma lol

Sasha

Forum Chief
I'm actually suspended.

Last edited by a moderator:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
What?!?!:huh:

Sasha

Forum Chief
Came into work for a short shift in the office and was told I was suspended for "mouthing off" to a nurse.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Came into work for a short shift in the office and was told I was suspended for "mouthing off" to a nurse.

Did they even try listening to your side of the story?

With the way things are going here, I may be joining you soon...

Sasha

Forum Chief
Did they even try listening to your side of the story?

With the way things are going here, I may be joining you soon...

No because listening to my side of the story doesn't preserve their contracts.