the 100% directionless thread

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Maybe it's the crew on the plane, since that's the only thing the two passengers would have in common. :rofl:

Actually just one crew member in common....hmm maybe it is me.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Multiple ICU to ICU trips so far. It's been a good day.

I have a new found interest in pediatrics thanks to my PICU rotation today. I went in dreading it and came out of it not wanting to leave and looking forward to my next one. CICU next week. These ICU rotations are really interesting. Definitely something I want to pursue. Still not very interested in the RN route though.

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider
I know and appreciate that you and several members tried to be helpful. Unfortunately, it wasn't going to end that way so rather than give "involuntary vacations" as medic417 put it, I chose to close the thread.

So is that the new official title for ban?:rofl:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
1500-0300 tonight. Yay for night shift. So much better than days plus I'm working with the medic who I did all my rides with for my HS work experience program, the guy that got me into EMS so I'm happy aaaaaannnndddd I get the plush shift and get off at a semi decent hour.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I'm thinking about going home and taking a nap. I'm mentally exhausted.

Sent using the Tapatalk app!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Santa Clara County in California is offering a free First Responder Operational Hazmat for those of you who are in California and want 16 hours CEs. I e-mailed them awhile ago and figured they were ignoring me, but just received an e-mail saying they RSVP'ed a slot for me to take the class, which made me pretty happy.

My company offers EVOC, but it seems to only be exclusive for people who work in San Francisco County. I wish I had EVOC training under my belt, which I would think would be standard everywhere.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Santa Clara County in California is offering a free First Responder Operational Hazmat for those of you who are in California and want 16 hours CEs. I e-mailed them awhile ago and figured they were ignoring me, but just received an e-mail saying they RSVP'ed a slot for me to take the class, which made me pretty happy.

My company offers EVOC, but it seems to only be exclusive for people who work in San Francisco County. I wish I had EVOC training under my belt, which I would think would be standard everywhere.

EVOC was a requirement during our company orientation for all of Riverside and San Bernardino counties.

Anjel

Forum Angel
wont get to drive at my new company for two months.

This will be fun.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Ooh how I love the rumbler/growler on the ambulances. I'll get people that won't pull over, I switch from wail to yelp a couple of times and follow that with the airhorn. Then I'll end up using the rumbler/growler and they sure are quick to pull over.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse

Anjel

Forum Angel
Really?

If anything I'd think they'd be less strict.

How is the new gig? Are they still AED-less?

Ya I have to take a CEVO class. And wont get full driving privledges for 120days.

Ill go from no driving, to no driving emergent or with a patient in the back, to no emergent, to full status.

And they don't have AEDs??? im not sure about all that lol im def gonna find out monday.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
2000hrs... I am dead...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Ooh how I love the rumbler/growler on the ambulances. I'll get people that won't pull over, I switch from wail to yelp a couple of times and follow that with the airhorn. Then I'll end up using the rumbler/growler and they sure are quick to pull over.

What is this growler you all speak of?

Had a new hire Intermediate on the unit with me tonight for the shift I covered. I'm wondering if I was as awkward when I first started? I'm guessing I was.

An I should be sleeping, My next shift starts in 7 hours but I'm not sleepy. We have a Basic student riding with us as well. I got all excited when I heard student then realized that he can't start IVs, probably wont know how to place 4/12 leads :glare: He's doing assessments all day haha.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I just did some basic math and found out that I really make about the same as RNs with equilevent experience in my area :p

The difference is their 36/hr week compared to my 48... and if they pick up just 2 extra shifts a month, the difference sky-rockets :glare:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Haayyyy!!! How is every one? =)

The Zombies!!!!! Run for the hills!!!!!!!

outtahere.gif