the 100% directionless thread

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I kid I kid.

I feel your pain. 84 hours a week either in a clinical or an ambulance as an Intermediate for the last 8 weeks has made me mr. grumpy. I do get thursday off though!!!!! woooohoooo

In November I made plans for this semester to be as easy as possible to accommodate work, snow, shorter days, longer commutes, and the position of Chief for SAR I was planning on taking. Only 12.5 units; all short-term and night classes.

Then in December/January the weather never happened, commutes got short, work was at a minimum, and politics forced me to resign/decline all SAR Positions. So I upped the units to 18.5 for the semester.

Then within the last 2 weeks the weather started to come, work increased, I am spending way too much time on the road, I played political hard-ball and now have a much larger SAR workload. Oh... and I decided to stick with the 18.5 units since I am already signed up. :wacko:

On the bright side, I am accustomed to no sleep now!!! School/homework 3 days a week... work 4 days a week... SAR everywhere in between... sleep when I am dead. <_<

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Re-certs, re-certs, re-certs. Seems like everything expires at the worst time, eh?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Re-certs, re-certs, re-certs. Seems like everything expires at the worst time, eh?

So it may be different but I know my paramedic instructors will write a letter for those of us who's cards expired during class and they satisfied the CE requirements for NV and NREMT.

Depending on when yours expires it'd be worth asking your instructor about rather than shelling out more cash.

adamjh3

So it may be different but I know my paramedic instructors will write a letter for those of us who's cards expired during class and they satisfied the CE requirements for NV and NREMT.

Depending on when yours expires it'd be worth asking your instructor about rather than shelling out more cash.

Yeah, my instructor said he would for the county and NREMT.

But I also have to renew my CPR card, ME card, and ADL (the last two are CA specific) within the next two months.

And that's on top of my Driver's License and car registration.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Yeah, my instructor said he would for the county and NREMT.

But I also have to renew my CPR card, ME card, and ADL (the last two are CA specific) within the next two months.

And that's on top of my Driver's License and car registration.

Gotcha. Yea...that sucks. How often do you have to renew your ADL and ME stuff?

adamjh3

Gotcha. Yea...that sucks. How often do you have to renew your ADL and ME stuff?

Every two years. They go hand in hand, the Medical Examiner's card is basically just a slip from a doctor saying you passed a physical. Then you have to go to the DMV with that slip and re-take the ambulance driver license test.

JPINFV

Gadfly
It's hard realizing that one of the places I loved as a kid, and eventually worked for even though I never planned on working there, is gone. RIP Wild Rivers... RIP.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Every two years. They go hand in hand, the Medical Examiner's card is basically just a slip from a doctor saying you passed a physical. Then you have to go to the DMV with that slip and re-take the ambulance driver license test.

Has that changed in the last 18 months? I thought ME was every 2 years and the ADL matched up with the CDL which is good for 5 years. Used to be, but my ADL and ME were last needed in 2010; so I haven't paid attention.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Has that changed in the last 18 months? I thought ME was every 2 years and the ADL matched up with the CDL which is good for 5 years. Used to be, but my ADL and ME were last needed in 2010; so I haven't paid attention.

I was thinking the same thing. At my 2 year mark I had to renew my ME, but the ADL was still good. Of course then I moved shortly thereafter.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I was thinking the same thing. At my 2 year mark I had to renew my ME, but the ADL was still good. Of course then I moved shortly thereafter.

Yeah it's still the same way. Your ADL matches up with your CDL (should be on or around your birthday). And then your ME is every 2 years.

adamjh3

The two years is on the ADL is probably just coincidental for me, then. My CDL is up for renewal this year, and my ADL has the same date stamped on it, and it's only been two years. So... coinkidink.

Do you need to do another livescan for the ADL renewal or is that just for the initial?

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
So now that I'm finally conscious after working Indy during the superbowl... thank god the giants won, otherwise the city would still be burning. We lucked out that they decided not to move us downtown the entire weekend and left us at our normal station.

Friday we had about twice the runs we normally have, Saturday was absolutely dead run wise, and Sunday was about normal. We did have an insane number of stupid drivers, but other than that it wasn't bad. Now that most of the people are gone, gas prices are back down, and I can now venture out of the house.

EMSDude54343

Forum Lieutenant
I test next week to get on the road as a basic, been in the communications center for 5 years. Finally!! I am nervous, I am not that great at tests, especially practicals. :unsure:

TbArbie

Forum Crew Member
So its official! I am a MASS EMT!!! PASSEDDDD YESTERDAY YAY! thanks to all of you that gave advice!

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

R99

Forum Lieutenant
I know this probably makes me sound bad but somebody who is sick does not generally walk out to the ambulance before we've even parked and then have totally normal observations then decline transport, so can I beat them with the oxygen tank for being stupid?

Oh and somebody hit my car in the parking lot, look if I can reverse a large vehicle using only the mirrors you should be.able to maneuver your tiny little nana car without hitting mine mmmmk

now im going to sleep, my offsider can stay up if he likes but not me, maybe I can get back to that dream I was having about a cat and a hypertonic saline drink before I was rudely awakened ....

Night!

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I know this probably makes me sound bad but somebody who is sick does not generally walk out to the ambulance before we've even parked and then have totally normal observations then decline transport, so can I beat them with the oxygen tank for being stupid?

Oh and somebody hit my car in the parking lot, look if I can reverse a large vehicle using only the mirrors you should be.able to maneuver your tiny little nana car without hitting mine mmmmk

now im going to sleep, my offsider can stay up if he likes but not me, maybe I can get back to that dream I was having about a cat and a hypertonic saline drink before I was rudely awakened ....

Night!

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA. I'm so going to use that!