first call of the day is...

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Right leg pain plus ETOH...medics decided to ride in with us because the guy was cursing us out and generally not being cooperative....they didn't want my partner alone in the back if he decided to get violent. Fortunately with more than one provider in the back, he calmed down enough that they didn't need to break out any restraints or anything, heck by the time we transfered care at the hospital he was in "I love everyone" phase lol

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
Unable to move left leg. Labs and x-ray mostly normal, still working her up. Interesting in that she has had recent... cosmetic procedures done in that region.

Crabby Apple

Forum Ride Along
Infant full arrest, asystole throughout. Didn't need any coffee after that.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
First "call" of the day where I work was a complaint of "cough." It only heralded the theme of the day... my patients were all pretty much respiratory. They were either cough or COPD exacerbation.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Lady had a pain pump placed Friday. Vomiting today.

Another life saved.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
ETOH pulled over on the side of the freeway. Refused medical treatment. Arrested by highway patrol.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
A diabetic that I previously have run who was so DKA he did not even remember going to the hospital. This time he was doing better but rather weak. He was worse off I butchered a variety of IVs, some days I guess you can't win.

Anjel

Forum Angel
A fall, from the bathtub. At 10:30 this morning.

I came on shift at 1700. Call at 1900.

Patient presented with positive Samsonite Sign.

Lol fantastic.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Getting fuel at the only gas station in town and the coca cola delivery guy comes running over.

"Uhhhhh you guys are the ambulance right? Cause uh well if you're not busy or anything a guy just ran into the bathroom and there's blood everywhere."

"Where is he bleeding from?"

"Well uh ummm back there."
*gestures emphatically to his hindquarters.*

"Show Med 12 out with a GI bleed, will advise if we need fire."

As it turned out the gas station looked like a horror movie. And not just the bathroom. They had to close for a good part of the day.

Jwan

Just a guy
This is how my day starts.

bd9b0bb491bc2814449511e9b147bbe7.jpg

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Getting fuel at the only gas station in town and the coca cola delivery guy comes running over.

"Uhhhhh you guys are the ambulance right? Cause uh well if you're not busy or anything a guy just ran into the bathroom and there's blood everywhere."

"Where is he bleeding from?"

"Well uh ummm back there."
*gestures emphatically to his hindquarters.*

"Show Med 12 out with a GI bleed, will advise if we need fire."

As it turned out the gas station looked like a horror movie. And not just the bathroom. They had to close for a good part of the day.

Gross.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
19 year old ETOH combative/yelling/screaming who walked into a tree face first at a rave. The event medical staff called us to to transport because she is altered (no surprise). In the back after restraining her she starts to hyperventilate. I asked her what she is doing and she said "I'm gonna make myself pass out". She didn't like my response of "that's fine"

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
9 year old playing around at church. 3cm lac to the forehead. Bled like a stuck pig.
BLS.

Now, nap time.

Amelia

You're stuck w/ me now (insert evil laughter here)
"I smoked a bunch of weed and then got yelled at by my girl friend and now my chest hurts and I can't stop crying."

Here's the most important question... how much strength did it take you to keep from laughing you bum off?

Burritomedic1127

Forum Captain
Disp to the unresponsive in a car, possible overdose.

Pt was unresponsive, no overdose, with a blood glucose of 14. Lowest number I've seen. Im assuming 10 and under would read "Lo" on the glucometer?