Angel

Paramedic
This.

Pic won't post...but it was a ~1 minute run of pulsing vtach

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
STEMI at a bible college.

Good call, but not my favorite place. Everyone is so nosy there and I would like to think that our interventions have some effect on the patient and it's not just the collective prayer helping the patient. I guess I'll go back to being an ambulance driver now.

Burritomedic1127

Forum Captain
92 yo F with sudden 9/10 left sided non radiating chest pressure half hour before she called EMS. Complaint free when we got there. Looked better than 90% of people i see in the ambulance

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Spider bite to the neck with SOB.

Leatherpuke

Forum Crew Member
Had a good one today ( good is a relative term but you get it)

54 y/o female found unresponsive in her kitchen at 0700, last seen at 0030 so no telling how long she was down. History of SVT and fibromyalgia, polypharmacy including coumadin.
Call came in as a possible heart attack but she actually had a great rhythm on the 12 lead. Left lateral eye movement, responsive to pain only, unable to talk.

We suspected stroke and treated as such. Turns out she had 4 separate brain bleeds including one that was too deep for surgery. Very unlikely she will make it.

Worst part, her daughter was the RN at the ER when we arrived. Luckily we didn't say anything insensitive. Gotta be hard to work on your mom knowing she doesn't have much hope

Angel

Paramedic
weird frothy, gurgling respirations and rapid afib...no hx of cardiac issues though

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
IIRC - last week when doing some EMS rides - both first calls of the day were for public assistance... Unfortunately I think it'll be a while before I get a chance to hop back on the ambulance for another day of fun & frivolity. (Or something!)

azbrewcrew

Forum Crew Member
N/V/D x 30 min...ambulated to cot, family followed in POV to hospital. PT straight to triage. I love my job.

kirky kirk

RN, EMT-B
IFT :confused::confused::confused:

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
A guy who was sleeping and had some muscle twitches. His baby mama though "he be havin a seizure".

Nope. He not be havin a seizure.

Then I be havin coffee.

Those are the types of calls I have had for the past two months. Slowly going insane...

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Dispatched for a diabetic problem, 90 yo male in a convalescent home with high blood sugar according to the MCT...get there and find the patient in cardiac arrest with staff doing CPR. 20 minutes of asystole later we called it. What a heck of a way to start a Sunday (or any other day for that matter)..

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Dispatched for a diabetic problem, 90 yo male in a convalescent home with high blood sugar according to the MCT...get there and find the patient in cardiac arrest with staff doing CPR. 20 minutes of asystole later we called it. What a heck of a way to start a Sunday (or any other day for that matter)..

Surprised they were doing CPR, and not saying "Not my pt"

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Standby for a neighboring district. Happily I am a part time employee there and have an access card so we put our truck in their bay and went upstairs and watched HBO for several hours. And "borrowed" some snacks.

Burritomedic1127

Forum Captain
High probability head bleed. Lady told her husband how bad her headache was, then she dropped. Unconscious and vomiting when we got there