TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Code

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I figure that's probably how my first day back will start.

Refractory VF/Pulseless VT/Pulsatile VT is the most voted for.

Ours was a severely septic shock patient then coded and then came back and then coded again

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
I took my niece down to the Caribbean sea and taught her how to swim first thing today, does that count?

Tomorrow I'll probably go for a dive...once I get over the hangover I'm planning to buy tonight.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I took my niece down to the Caribbean sea and taught her how to swim first thing today, does that count?

Tomorrow I'll probably go for a dive...once I get over the hangover I'm planning to buy tonight.
So you're saying last call is going to be more important than first call tonight?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
So you're saying last call is going to be more important than first call tonight?

This right here is why I love Nevada.

There is no last call.

kal0220

Forum Probie
yesterday...seizure in the bathroom. wedged between the wall and toilet. naked from the waist down, except for socks. tshirt and socks were soaked in urnine. vomit and urine in his hair. way to start the day! at least it didn't get any worse after that!

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Today it was IFT

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Mine today was a fall w/ a broken arm. Got yelled at by the ED nurse for giving Dilaudid... Took great pleasure in telling her that my treatment modalities take precedence over her desires.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
The nurse doesn't believe in medicating fractures?

Not with narcotics. she was worried she wouldn't be able to assess mentation after we gave the narcotics... Me and my partner both went "huh?"

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Not with narcotics. she was worried she wouldn't be able to assess mentation after we gave the narcotics... Me and my partner both went "huh?"

Yea since opiates automatically make you gorked no matter what.

I've been off the box for 8 months but my first call on an ambulance was third unit into a single car rollover vs telephone pole and electrical box. We took the first patient that was extricated. Thank goodness my TO spoke Spanish.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
First call today was a transport from a psych facility to the hospital to get the patient medically cleared because she had COPD (she had no complaint at all).

I don't remember my first call as an EMT anymore. If I really want to know I could just look in my file (types of calls you get during field training time are all documented).