What do you carry? - The mega thread

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
Our program doesn't. Central California sees some relatively warm Summer months. And even then, I get awful hot in my flight suit alone regardless of the time of year.

A program the next county up wears them, IIRC, at their discretion. The RN, and paramedic each had a different versions consisting of different items respectively. I mean, they look nifty but I carry my essentials in my flight suits pockets; the rest is in our bags.
Yup this 110%. I think they're wacker-ish. Everything I need is in my gear bags and knowing where you're equipment is will allow you to access it in a timely fashion. I have never seen anyone with a chest rig pull out something I needed in a hurry and save the day vs. just pulling it from a bag or cabinet in the back of an ambo. I am a minimalist and carry as few items as possible on my person. Gotta love the guys who carry a bougie, or some other piece of gear, yet the rest of the airway gear is still in the bag.... We talk to the ground crews from aircraft radios, and then have a portable radio which is kept in our drug bag which we can call the pilot or ground crews if needed.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Here’s my daily carry - I don’t like a lot on my belt. The knife and flashlight change often
is that orange electrical wire? if so, why?