What do you carry? - The mega thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Wallet, cellphone, keys, Chapstick, gloves, a knife, a pager, radio, and then a PPE pouch that is required by the company.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Buy pants with fewer pockets.

In the field, used to carry in BDU's: swiss army kife, 6" ViseGrips, tropical chapstick, bandaids and alcohol wipes, braided nylon twine, MRE leftovers, heavy snacks (cornuts, jerky, granola bars), double-AA battery flashlight, wallet, keys, oxygen "O" ring, spare O2 wrench, spiral pad , pens, sharpee markers. I ALWAYS had my aid bag with me.

Now, retired and wearing relaxed fit jeans: swiss army knife, penknife, a few bucks, notepad, pen, wallet. My personal kit is where I can find it.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Penlight/flashlight, wallet, iPhone, knife (sometimes), trauma shears (sometimes), keys, gloves, notebook, pen (sometimes goes in my shirt)and Burt's Bees (LOVE the stuff). All literature I need is on my phone!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
We don't have cargo pants since the company wants to project the same image it did in the 80s/90s:rolleyes:.

Given that, a pair of wadded gloves, a pen, wallet, and gerber locker. iPhone on belt, along with shears occasionally.

I HATE our pants, stoopid wool/poly blend.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I'm gonna bump this up because of recent discussion in another thread. As old as this thread is, it's still getting talked about.

Ace 227

Forum Lieutenant
Civilian side:
(For starters, I hate having things around my legs so I don't use cargo pockets)
-CRKT M16 knife in my right pocket
-iPhone also in right pocket
-glove pouch on belt
-Gerber on belt
-Company/County radio on belt

Military side:
-Gerber on belt
-CRKT in right pocket
-Velket TQ on belt loops
-Safariland holster(M9) on belt(As mentioned, I can't stand drop leg holsters)
-Depending on the type of armor we are using I will have 1-2 medical pouches. One for Hemorrhage(2 CATs, 2 ETBs, 2 Combat Gauze, 1 NAR Saline lock kit, 1 Pair gloves), and one for Airway/Breathing(2 NPAs, 1 Surg Cric kit, 2 14ga. 3.25" needles, 2 Hyfin chest seals, 1 roll 3" tape, 1 headlamp).
-IFAK
-3 double stack M4 mag pouches
-Canteen pouch with a 500ml saline/hextend bag and IV start kit.
-Aid bag

Last edited by a moderator:

OfficerEvenEMT

Forum Crew Member
I carry a .40cal gun in a holster, radio in holster, OC and baton holsters, pouch for my gloves and CPR mask, handcuff pouch. That's about it. Every year or so something new gets added. We still don't have tazers™, but I suspect that'll get added soon.

I wear a duty belt that is secured to my regular belt via clamp-type thing.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
wow, I can't even remember everything, it's been that long since I have worn it.

let's see...... swivel holster for radio, leather gloves, horizontal holster holding (trauma sheers, knockoff leatherman, and metal oxygen key), glove pouch with 2 pairs of gloves, and vertical flashlight holster with a fenix flashlight.

but lately I just wear the swivel holster on my belt and the flashlight in my pocket. and trauma sheers in my cargo pants pocket.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
When im just an EMT
Radio is in a radio strap, with a glove pouch and sheers tucked between the pouch and the strap with a leather strap the retains the sheers to the strap so the dont get caught along with my key set
CRKT M16 knife in right slash pocket
Fat Ivan Door chock in left slash pocket
Department ID, Pen, notepad and Leatherman 300 Monarch in Left chest
Galaxy SIII in otterbox defender in right chest
Wallet back left
Add a streamlight stinger at night, or maybe a polytac on the radio strap if im lazy or in a station where i can sleep

As a Cop/EMT
Clockwise from my buckle looking down
OC, Cuff on a Lift-the-dot strap, Glock .40, Cuffs in a flapped holder, sheers tucked behind a glove pouch, Skeletool, Radio, Pelican 7060, Asp, 2 Mags
CRKT M16 in right slash pocket
Fat Ivan Door chock in left slash pocket
Department ID, Pen, notepad and Leatherman 300 Monarch in Left chest
Galaxy SIII in otterbox defender in right chest
Wallet back left

Trying to get my department to approve a new holster so i can carry a light on it

mycrofft

im-working-on-it.jpg

NO, not me.

mycrofft

I carry a .40cal gun in a holster, radio in holster, OC and baton holsters, pouch for my gloves and CPR mask, handcuff pouch. That's about it. Every year or so something new gets added. We still don't have tazers™, but I suspect that'll get added soon.

I wear a duty belt that is secured to my regular belt via clamp-type thing.

And half an hour code 7 to use the bathroom.

Tri Cert Lad

Forum Ride Along
Years ago, when I was on a unit, I had a simple double leather holster, with just a pair of bandage scissors and a penlight.

One afternoon, while using the restroom at a store, a young man stopped me outside and wanted to buy my scissors (thinking they were something else), and pointing to my holster, for which I pulled the scissors out and he realized his mistake.

He knew we weren't cops because the Ambulance was parked right there in front and he wanted to buy a pair of forceps from us, later on, we were very sure he was going to use them to smoke some joints with, and my partner and I got a good laugh at his mistake.

When I first started in the 70's, the old time, ambulance attendants would pin a large safety pin under their armpit and slip a pair of bandage scissors into the safety pin opening and would carry their scissors under their armpit, ready to use quickly.

Fast forward to the 80's, and we had a Paramedic who carried half his unit on his belt, I wonder why everyone called him "Batman" [BIG GRIN].

kodymakesnoise

Forum Ride Along
what do you have on person when you take a call

New to the site so hello
My first post is the question of what do you keep in your pockets/on your belt for a call

I've got
2 sizes of shears
A multitool
A flashlight
A pen light
Spare gloves
Pad of paper
Pen
Want to get a oxygen wrench and a flip guide

Achilles

Forum Moron
New to the site so hello
My first post is the question of what do you keep in your pockets/on your belt for a call

I've got
2 sizes of shears
A multitool
A flashlight
A pen light
Spare gloves
Pad of paper
Pen
Want to get a oxygen wrench and a flip guide

Welcome to the forums, Ya da ya da ya. Some blah blah blah.

Alright.
couple spare gloves,
shears are great
this question has been asked before
I write BP and other stuff on my glove.
two pens one for PT and one that no one but me uses.
What's is the multi tool for?

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
When I was new... Everything that would fit on my waste...

Now...

Shears
Flashlight
Narcotics pouch (i keep gloves in it too)
Care report if I'm teching.

O and a pen. I don't wear a watch anymore... its annoying.

Honestly they are lucky if I have my uniform on... (just kidding)

Shears come in more than one size?
Why do you need an O2 wrench if you have a multi tool? I use the notch in the stairchair to twist the O2 valve.

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Uniform and pen. My basic carries everything else. ALS... don't lifting... err... stuff

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Gloves. Scope, o2 wrench