the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
What do y'all think of this biker incident in NYC?

Dude in the SUV needs to go to jail for a long while, one of those bikers was reportedly paralyzed after being struck...no confirmation of that though.

Yes but the biker that brake checked the SUV should also face some charges.

The last I read no one was seriously injured, I'll have to look at it more when I get home.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
From one motorcycle rider to another... don't ride stupid.

Not the video but a news story. And NYPD is reporting no one died or was seriously injured besides the driver being slashed up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
After reading this CNN article I don't feel especially bad for any involved. If I were the driver of the SUV I'd be fearing for my life.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/30/us/new-york-bikers-road-rage-video/

I couldn't quite remember if the biker group started trying to attack the guy after the initial accident. That cleared it up. If I had family in the car like that and was surrounded by bikers who were trying to do who knows what, I would have probably acted the same way.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Good ol white knuckle births, tough as nails.. Very pretty girl, she has lovely hair, and nice fat cheeks.

Our hospital lets dads deliver with the OB looking over the shoulder. My pusscake of a husband actually passed out during our last one. Three years in Iraq, and he went down like a sorority girl.

I delivered this one, cut the cord... And actually started the IV on my wife when the nurse missed several times. After the third miss, I said, "uhh, give me a 20 and a prep..." Before she could could say anything, I had the fluid running. And FWIW, my wife has pipes.

She's an awesome baby. Eats like a football player already and she's doing great.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

Dude in the SUV needs to go to jail for a long while, one of those bikers was reportedly paralyzed after being struck...no confirmation of that though.

How about no? He should have killed the dudes on the bike. The biker brake checked the SUV and the dude stopped to exchange info after the incident. Then multiple bikers started hitting and destroying his vehicle, even attempting to open his door. He had his wife and 2 year old son in the vehicle, he had every right to do what he did. He took off and ended up trapped in rush hour traffic, multiple bikers then broke his window open, pulled him out and beat him in front of his wife and child and slashed his face multiple times.

You HAVE seen the video, right?

Edit: Video + article, no it's not graphic - http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=319_1380522846 -- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...kers-surround-vehicle-annual-street-ride.html

There's also another video around of the bikers blocking an intersection and randomly attacking another vehicle that was stopped.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
How about no? He should have killed the dudes on the bike. The biker brake checked the SUV and the dude stopped to exchange info after the incident. Then multiple bikers started hitting and destroying his vehicle, even attempting to open his door. He had his wife and 2 year old son in the vehicle, he had every right to do what he did. He took off and ended up trapped in rush hour traffic, multiple bikers then broke his window open, pulled him out and beat him in front of his wife and child and slashed his face multiple times.

I totally agree.

Anyone familiar with The Streetfighterz "Ride of the Century" that happens in Saint Louis every year? Pretty much the same concept as the NYC video. Hundreds of streetbikes shutting down the highway, doing stunts, etc. I would like to think that the majority of these bikers are law abiding citizens who just want to cruise but every year there are more and more stories of them completely stopping traffic on major highways, running cars off the road, various other crimes. I love motorcycles however I have zero tolerance for that type of behavior. Keep it off the streets.

ROC Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCqGTx7PydA

If I was trapped in the middle of a large group of bikers, some of whom were bashing my car or trying to open my doors, I would probably have acted in a similar way. And emptied my .45 while I was at it.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
It's funny, everyone is always afraid of the mongols and how "bad" they are. When they do their annual cruise in palm springs, NONE of this crap goes on. They are always extremely respectful, and every call I have ran with them, they have always addressed myself and my partners as Sir / Ma'am. And have done exactly what we say to do.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I couldn't quite remember if the biker group started trying to attack the guy after the initial accident. That cleared it up. If I had family in the car like that and was surrounded by bikers who were trying to do who knows what, I would have probably acted the same way.

Initial reports that I heard (and I can't find the links right now) said that the whole thing started when the Ranger Rover called the cops on the bikers for slashing tires.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Aw, trying to have like a h'ween themed account, and images don't work in signatures. Never knew that. :[ That should be a perk for premium+ in my opinion! :)

planetofaprz2.jpg

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
AH! I guess I missed the post of you passing! Congrats you FC-P. :beerchug:

Someone's already chugged one too many it seems... :unsure:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

JPINFV

Gadfly

You intentionally slow down to the point that you force yourself into my bumper and then have all of your biker gang friends surround my car?

Yea... I feel absolutely no sympathy for the bikers. Actually every biker in that gang should go to jail for assault, attempted murder, or accessory (including accessory after the fact if they don't come forward to provide information on the criminals who assault the SUV driver).

JPINFV

Gadfly

You HAVE seen the video, right?

Edit: Video + article, no it's not graphic - http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=319_1380522846 -- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...kers-surround-vehicle-annual-street-ride.html

There's also another video around of the bikers blocking an intersection and randomly attacking another vehicle that was stopped.

You attack my car, I will run your butt, and your friend's butts over. You attack me and then start following me? I will side swipe your car. You start smashing my windows, and I'll reverse over anyone in the way.

I have no qualms killing criminals trying to attack me.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
My partner and several others I work with belong to one of the FF motorcycle clubs. Their unanimous opinion is the bikers had it coming. They said sometimes when bikers ride in large groups a lead guy deliberately slows traffic so all the other bikers can catch up and they can ride as a group. They said he did everything wrong if that is what he was doing, and if that wasn't what he was doing and they were just being douches he had it coming either way.

A follow up story I saw today said that that biker group has a history of purposely causing traffic problems and have been in trouble with the law before.

Achilles

Forum Moron
You attack my car, I will run your butt, and your friend's butts over. You attack me and then start following me? I will side swipe your car. You start smashing my windows, and I'll reverse over anyone in the way.

I have no qualms killing criminals trying to attack me.

There was a case in Michigan similar to this last Summer I believe.
A driver of a truck hit a bicyclist, the rider fell and the driver stopped. The ride started assaulting the driver who hit him. The driver shot and killed him. I believe he only had to go do jail for a few hours before being released.

Here's the link:
http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...bicyclist-after-road-rage-incident-speaks-out