the 100% directionless thread

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Did you get anymore info? All I got is we are probably flying there (where ever it is), we have to be there by the 8th, and they don't know how long we will be up there.

Haven't heard anything, sounds like you know more than me.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Hm, AMR San Mateo is hiring part time EMTs per their website.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Dispatch just stood us down from a fire alarm that I didn't know we were even on by calling us direct calling an ambulance that hasn't been in service in quite sometime. You go guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Had my first EM residency interview today. I decided to do a shadowing shift in the ED afterwards (because if you're going to apply for a 4 year job, what's a couple of hours more?). Ended up with a terminal wean on an elderly CHF patient and a patient who flipped her ATV and ended up with an intercranial bleed. The attending on told the program director that I was "kicking *** and taking names." Best. Shift. Ever.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Nice! Good luck!

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Had my first EM residency interview today. I decided to do a shadowing shift in the ED afterwards (because if you're going to apply for a 4 year job, what's a couple of hours more?). Ended up with a terminal wean on an elderly CHF patient and a patient who flipped her ATV and ended up with an intercranial bleed. The attending on told the program director that I was "kicking *** and taking names." Best. Shift. Ever.
She was bleeding between heads? No wonder that was such a great shift!:p

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
I'd hazard to guess low pay and bad working conditions.

Or AMR corporate refuses to negotiate with the union bargaining team... Perhaps asking a workforce to take a pay cut while still giving bonuses to corporate execs isn't appreciated by said workforce.

I doubt that a strike will actually occur, but I wouldn't want to be the one to cross the picket line if it did...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Or AMR corporate refuses to negotiate with the union bargaining team... Perhaps asking a workforce to take a pay cut while still giving bonuses to corporate execs isn't appreciated by said workforce.

I doubt that a strike will actually occur, but I wouldn't want to be the one to cross the picket line if it did...

Could be a lot of different reasons. As of right now I know 5 employees from my division have signed up (that I know of).

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Could be a lot of different reasons. As of right now I know 5 employees from my division have signed up (that I know of).

Rancho and San Berdoo are also threatening strikes. They need about 450 EMT's and medics to cover sac. Then 600+ for rancho and berdoo.

Yup, AMR Sacramento

Never thought I'd hear of AMR Sacramento threatening strike. I lived in Sacramento County from 1996-2002, and AMR Sacramento always seemed (from an outsider's point of view) to well respected.

Granted this was over 10 years ago and change is almost inevitable.

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Rancho and San Berdoo are also threatening strikes. They need about 450 EMT's and medics to cover sac. Then 600+ for rancho and berdoo.

From what I've been hearing by people involved in the negotiations for Rancho and San B, it's been going ok and are no longer attempting to strike.

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
I believe there are 12 or 13 regions that were potentially looking to strike if AMR continued to refuse to negotiate. But threatening a strike on that kind of scale is pretty effective at getting corporate to come to the table...