the 100% directionless thread

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
It's funny, everyone is always afraid of the mongols and how "bad" they are. When they do their annual cruise in palm springs, NONE of this crap goes on. They are always extremely respectful, and every call I have ran with them, they have always addressed myself and my partners as Sir / Ma'am. And have done exactly what we say to do.

Up here in Nor Cal we very occasionally run into the Hell's Angels. Same experience so far for me, they have (mostly) been pretty cool and cooperative. The biggest piece of advice for dealing with a downed biker is to avoid cutting his vest at all costs, and if possible let one of his buddies remove it for you or at least give the vest to one of them afterwards. Apparently the vest/patch stuff is a big deal to them.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Many of them have lacing on one or both sides that is there to be cut through if needed.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
3yse9y9e.jpg

Apologies for the glare, but you are reading that right. Even dispatch got in on the fun today and dispatched a minor MVA for a chief complaint of "insuranceitis." Sometimes I'm just impressed they write this stuff down...

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Well that is awesome right there.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
So just got called for my ski patrol interview. It's tomorrow and it's five hours away. Better get driving.

ssqrrl492

Forum Ride Along
Nremt-i

I am a NREMT-I from the state of MD. I plan on going back in the future to obtain my P. Are there any jurisdictions in NC that still except this certification. When my children get out of school in June we are moving somewhere in the area between Burke county and Charlotte. I will be looking for work, and once established will go back to school and finish up. Any recommendations would be very appreciated. Thanks!!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Good luck! Did you apply to multiple places? What's your top choice?

I had initially applied to Breck and Steamboat. However after some thought I decided that Steamboat was where I wanted to live for the foreseeable winters so in the end I decided to focus my efforts on getting on there. I put in a lot of time to be considered and it just wasn't going to be possible to do a good job anywhere else since I was still a student for most of last year.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Well just signed up to head to Northern California around the 8th to cover for an ambulance company going on strike. Hopefully it will be another good experience.

Well just signed up to head to Northern California around the 8th to cover for an ambulance company going on strike. Hopefully it will be another good experience.

What company in California is on strike now?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Idgladly deploy for more overtime to cover it lol. Although it'd be like I was working as an intermediate again

No clue at all. All I know as of right now if we do get sent out there we have to be there by the 8th.

Interesting... I wonder why they're striking.

Last edited by a moderator:

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

Myself and my partner as well.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Myself and my partner as well.

Did you get anymore info? All I got is we are probably flying there (where ever it is), we have to be there by the 8th, and they don't know how long we will be up there.