Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I really need to re-read that book.

Anjel

Forum Angel
What book its it?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Really considering driving my truck off a cliff with me not inside it.

Got the AC "fixed" a couple of months ago for $1,600.

Well it's not working again. Same problem as last time.

And my battery is also now bad, I have to jump start it every time I turn it off.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
What book its it?

As our friendly Canadian EMR said, "The House of God." It's by Samuel Shem, pen name for Stephen Bergman, MD. He's a psychiatrist. "House of God" is hilarious. Absolutely hilarious.

It's the source of much wisdom, methinks.

For example: "At a cardiac arrest, the first procedure is to take your own pulse." And "The delivery of good medical care is to do as much nothing as possible."

JPINFV

Gadfly
On my last rotation there was a resident who was a spitting image of the Fat Man.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I know an anesthesiologist who quit to become a psychiatrist. It always makes me chuckle.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Naw dude....12s suck.

12s are awesome... 24s suck, especially when you work straight from 9pm to 8am.

Also, if any of the So Cal people end up at Arrowhead this Saturday, say hi to the friendly admission team located across from bed 11 (middle desk in the right pod) in the ED.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I really need to re-read that book.

I left mine in Colorado. Ever since it stopped coming to work with me, I seem to getting friggin terrible luck on the majority of my shifts. Hmmm I need that book back! Maybe then my partner will take less than an hour to write his PCR at a hospital forty minutes from our area that has no coverage while we are out. Or maybe just a partner that doesn't yell at me in front of the patient and entire triage bay despite having 4 months experience. "He can't walk, he's gotten versed!!!" Uh he did walk to the stretcher 40 minutes ago..

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Naw dude....12s suck.

Lies! 12s are awesome. I work 4 days a week, get 16 hours of built in OT per check and still get 3 day weekends. Plus a 12 hour shift with a steady call volume, provided I get enough time to grab and eat some food, fly by.

16s are awful. I've never worked a 24 but I'd be willing to bet that I wouldn't be a fan.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
For example: "At a cardiac arrest, the first procedure is to take your own pulse."

Or the part talking about the ICU resident dropping to his knees and praying that the cardiac arrest in ER dies so that he can go to sleep instead of admitting him.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Or the part talking about the ICU resident dropping to his knees and praying that the cardiac arrest in ER dies so that he can go to sleep instead of admitting him.

:rofl:
Yup.

Haven't ever seen anybody actually do that, but I can't imagine that people don't feel that way...

Anjel

Forum Angel
Omg I was so excited. I get to drive the new ambulance today.

ad6dbf33-d6fe-006d.jpg

And saw a lifepack 9. Lol

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Omg I was so excited. I get to drive the new ambulance today.

ad6dbf33-d6fe-006d.jpg

And saw a lifepack 9. Lol

Not a huge fan of the lights above the windshield. I'm just a fan of the good old fashioned light bar :p