the 100% directionless thread

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
While true, Google hasn't exactly been a paragon of ethical behavior either.

Granted, but they're not filing lawsuits unless they are sued first.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Some of us that have rooted our devices prefere to continue to use the older versions.

Android gives you more choices and control, plus you will not be giving your money to a company attempting to sue their competitors out of business because they can not stand competition.

Some of us are saving for the big move. lol

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Some of us are saving for the big move. lol

And some of us are saving to buy 40 acres and build on it. My goal is to save 50 grand in 5 years.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I'm rooted too, but I don't know why anyone would prefer a version that old.

Edit - What big company has been a paragon of ethical behavior?

Last edited by a moderator:

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Having both an iPhone 4 and work-provided android device, I find that the android often is quirky, lags, crashes, and has poor battery life. We got them to test teaching apps, but there aren't that many apps available.

The iPhone just works, appears more refined, has more apps, and a much longer battery life.

I don't like Apple, nor do I own a Mac, but the iPhone is definitely worth it. I got a squatetrade warranty (that I haven't used).

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Having both an iPhone 4 and work-provided android device, I find that the android often is quirky, lags, crashes, and has poor battery life. We got them to test teaching apps, but there aren't that many apps available.

The iPhone just works, appears more refined, has more apps, and a much longer battery life.

I don't like Apple, nor do I own a Mac, but the iPhone is definitely worth it. I got a squatetrade warranty (that I haven't used).

But with an iPhone, if you're not near a powersource and your battery runs out, or it starts going kaput you're out of luck. User replacable battery ftw.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
and has poor battery life.

Mmiz, meet Razr Maxx. Battery owns the iPhone 4s.

razr-battery-580x369.png

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Amgen Tour of California bicycle race

Just met some of the medics and EMT's with AMR working the Amgen Tour of California bicycle race. Good peeps and sharp looking rigs. I also got to speak with some of the great law enforcement folks working the event. I'll get some rig photos up soon. Talk about a great day to be working standby at an event. 69 degrees, clear skies, no wind and low humidity. Where do I sign up for that gig :)

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
My volunteer fire company has a chicken BBQ every weekend. I'm working this weekend and we've been selling chicken dinners no stop since 8 this morning. It's now 15:15. I'm exhausted. And I never want to see another chicken again. Ever.

Joe

Forum Captain
Just met some of the medics and EMT's with AMR working the Amgen Tour of California bicycle race. Good peeps and sharp looking rigs. I also got to speak with some of the great law enforcement folks working the event. I'll get some rig photos up soon. Talk about a great day to be working standby at an event. 69 degrees, clear skies, no wind and low humidity. Where do I sign up for that gig :)

That came through my area yesterday. Missed out on the stand by but what you describe is every shift :)

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Redacted, I'm not gonna whine lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
My iphone was good nearly 2 hears ago when I got it, but now it's slow, clunky, and likes to crash a lot... Getting a droid next month when I upgrade.

BOTH of of our patients yesterday attempted to escape from us. At least we got the second one slightly (Not really due to lazy ER staff) medicated. The second patient took off on security, so they restrained him with better restraints, then he got out of one of the hard restraints and they wanted us to take him as he was, still fighting.

I told the RN that we can't take him that way because it is dangerous for us and the patient, especially since he's been able to break out of their good restraints. Our RN tried to keep pushing us to take him, but the charge walked over and asked what was wrong, and as soon as she heard he escaped again and that she wanted us to transport him; she said the same exact thing I did "It's not safe to be isolated in the back with him where he may get out or escape."

MD ordered haldol. Our RN convinced the MD to drop it down to a whopping 1mg IM ativan

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
MD ordered haldol. Our RN convinced the MD to drop it down to a whopping 1mg IM ativan

A week ago we had a doctor at EMC order 25mg of benadryl 5mg of Haldol and 2mg of Ativan all for a non aggressive patient who was just pacing his room. That patient was KTFO :huh:

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
A week ago we had a doctor at EMC order 25mg of benadryl 5mg of Haldol and 2mg of Ativan all for a non aggressive patient who was just pacing his room. That patient was KTFO :huh:

weird, they only didn't want to give the haldol because the RN's were too lazy to do an EKG.

Sasha

Forum Chief

Wasn't aggressive RIGHT NOW.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Wasn't aggressive RIGHT NOW.

14 Y/O female who cut her wrists (hesitation cuts) after her boyfriend broke up with her. She was pacing here room for 20 hours according to hospital staff. The doctor said he gave that much to her so she could get some rest.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Only 11 more hours then 7 days off. Tonight can't be that bad. I hope.

And the tones keep dropping nowhere near us.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

A B52! Well almost. Usually its 50 mg of benadryl instead of 25 but that makes sense for a 14 year old.