the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Just got my three remaining wisdom teeth out. Went to the pharmacy to get my prescriptions and an hour later the lady says that I am not in the system.

I call Blue Cross with a mouth full of gauze and not being able to feel my lips. The system kept asking me to speak my group number and policy number. It came out as "aeswjlkhasdfkl." After ten minutes I just kept hitting 0 until I got someone. She couldn't understand a word I am saying and transferred me to her supervisor. Finally in a moment of frustration I nearly screamed. Lets just say I left a nasty clean up in aisle five.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Say it don't spray it, MMiz

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

FourLoko

Forum Lieutenant
Just got my three remaining wisdom teeth out. Went to the pharmacy to get my prescriptions and an hour later the lady says that I am not in the system.

I call Blue Cross with a mouth full of gauze and not being able to feel my lips. The system kept asking me to speak my group number and policy number. It came out as "aeswjlkhasdfkl." After ten minutes I just kept hitting 0 until I got someone. She couldn't understand a word I am saying and transferred me to her supervisor. Finally in a moment of frustration I nearly screamed. Lets just say I left a nasty clean up in aisle five.

I never even took the Vicoden after having 4 done at once. Man up.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Sorry. I promise I bought you something pretty with it.

I figured you would be one to buy something at "Naked Pizza" :p

Anjel

Forum Angel
Nope that was Chimpie.

Maine iac

Forum Lieutenant
Used my handcuffs again today.

Thankfully no spitting was involved.

How often do you guys have to restrain a pt, or take them against their will (I can have a doctor or the police sign a transportation hold)?

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Is it the sports gig? Or the other?

My ambo job.

I'm anxious to see how my contracting work will affect unemployment claims seeing as I've made a whopping 300 bucks at that job so far this year. Definitely can't earn a living at like 8 hours a month

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Let's see up working for 24+ hours then 3 hours of crappy sleep and back for 12+ more.

Dispatch better play nice or I'm pulling the downtime card.

At least my week off starts Sunday morning.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I learned two important things today.

1. It is not a good idea to lash out at your partner when you are driving code. It does not influence your driving in a positive way.

2. Sometimes life would be easier if the pt would just code already.

Anjel

Forum Angel

Joe

Forum Captain

How often do you guys have to restrain a pt, or take them against their will (I can have a doctor or the police sign a transportation hold)?

Yesterday we restrained 3 or 4 cant remember. It was kinda a weird day. Everyone wanted to fight us :)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

I hate restraining people with a passion. It's not a fun experience for all parties involved.

I prefer verbal judo but every now and again there isn't any other option. Generally if they are getting physical restraints on a 911 call they will probably be getting some sort of chemical restraint as well, situation dependent of course.

I rarely have to restrain people but when I do it tends to be a big deal. The other day it involved total spinal motion restriction. soft 4-point restraints and 6 mg of versed. She was an angry panda.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Handcuffs???

Since this is all off subject, I just found out they are killing six shows I was watching, leaving me three.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I swear I get an obvious death or a working code every single shift. When I finish school I feel like the coroner and I may be on a first name basis. Might even happen before then.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I swear I get an obvious death or a working code every single shift. When I finish school I feel like the coroner and I may be on a first name basis. Might even happen before then.

False. Because you text me whenever you get one, and you don't text me about it everyday. I assume you work everyday, hence, you don't get one every single shift.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Mexican food.