the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
False. Because you text me whenever you get one, and you don't text me about it everyday. I assume you work everyday, hence, you don't get one every single shift.

Alright fair enough.

Pretty freakin' close though :p

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Used my handcuffs again today.

Thankfully no spitting was involved.

How often do you guys have to restrain a pt, or take them against their will (I can have a doctor or the police sign a transportation hold)?

Rarely but it happens. So...uh do you bring your own cuffs?

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
False. Because you text me whenever you get one, and you don't text me about it everyday. I assume you work everyday, hence, you don't get one every single shift.

Busted!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Chocolate shake.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

How often do you guys have to restrain a pt, or take them against their will (I can have a doctor or the police sign a transportation hold)?

Every 5150 (psych hold) gets 4 point soft limb restraints per county and company protocol.

I don't like doing the restraints on every 5150 hold but I restrain them because it's not worth it to get fired over something like that.

I get an average of 5 5150 holds per day.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Every 5150 (psych hold) gets 4 point soft limb restraints per county and company protocol.

I don't like doing the restraints on every 5150 hold but I restrain them because it's not worth it to get fired over something like that.

I get an average of 5 5150 holds per day.

That's a pain in the ***. Unless a 5150 is different from a Legal 2000 not everyone on them is violent or uncooperative. I guess if you are good at explaining why the patient might understand, still seems like it could cause more problems than it prevents.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler

In my experience a B52 works much better than any kind of physical restraint for most patients.

Sasha

Forum Chief

He doesn't text me...

And I'M the bad texter!

Sasha

Forum Chief
GAAH.

I hate my indecision.

I keep talking myself into an iPhone.

And then I talk myself into an android phone.

And then I go "Well if I don't like it I have 14 days to return it and get an android phone."

And then I go "But that's like an extra $30."

And then I go "iPhone it is."

And then I go "WTF applecare is 99 dollars..."

And then I go "But I really want an iPhone..."

And then I go "But I like my android phone...."

And then I go "But I can trade it in within 14 days if I don't like it."

AND THE CYCLE REPEATS.

Sasha

Forum Chief
AND the fact of the matter is I need a new phone because the vibraty part of my phone is dying AND the charging port is dying.

AND they're going to charge me $35 to fix EACH

And if they even SUSPECT it's from dropping the phone they wont fix the charging port.

And they WILL suspect it because there are scratches around that part of the phone

And the charging port is apparently a chronic problem with the phone and the warranty is up in July and then they said I'm on my own.

And I will hurt myself trying to open up the phone and sodder the charging port.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I love the iPhone, but fair warning, once your in Apple's clutches its very expensive to go a different direction. (Who has 600 songs from iTunes that only work on an Apple device? This guy...)

I know people who are very happy with Androids as well

Anjel

Forum Angel
Omg you poor dear.

Get the iphone before you hurt yourself. I am in september.

Im holding off for the iphone 5. Though.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
LOL @ Sasha. I'm having the same debate myself.

My phone was the 4th phone with Android on it (HTC Droid ERIS). It's running an outdated version of Droid (1.8 I think. Won't upgrade to 2.x). I really like the Android OS, but Apple seems to be pretty stable as well.

One thing I learned is that the iPhone doesn't have turn by turn voice navigation that an Android powered phone has. This is important to me because I'm moving in a couple of months and will definitely need a GPS of some sort that will guide me where I need to go. I've read that there is an app that gives iPhone maps a voice but, I don't know. I could buy a GPS unit but why if a phone will do it for me?

And since I don't have a Mac, will I be able to utilize all the features of an iPhone?

ugh.. decisions decisions.

Sasha

Forum Chief
LOL @ Sasha. I'm having the same debate myself.

My phone was the 4th phone with Android on it (HTC Droid ERIS). It's running an outdated version of Droid (1.8 I think. Won't upgrade to 2.x). I really like the Android OS, but Apple seems to be pretty stable as well.

One thing I learned is that the iPhone doesn't have turn by turn voice navigation that an Android powered phone has. This is important to me because I'm moving in a couple of months and will definitely need a GPS of some sort that will guide me where I need to go. I've read that there is an app that gives iPhone maps a voice but, I don't know. I could buy a GPS unit but why if a phone will do it for me?

And since I don't have a Mac, will I be able to utilize all the features of an iPhone?

ugh.. decisions decisions.

The GPS was my big hold out BUT I researched it.

There is a free app called waze that does have turn by turn direction and traffic road condition updates. It'll also warn you of red light cameras and reported speed traps.

If you're addicted to TeleNav it's $20/year on iPhone.

I also have like 200 songs on my EVO. I only listen to a handful of them but I didn't pay for a single one of them. I kind of will miss that, but someone told me you can add your own songs to your iTunes and then transfer them onto your phone?

Anjel

Forum Angel
Also mapquest app has turn by turn navigation.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Android FTW.

And 1.8? Holy crap, the rest of us are up to 4.04!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
He doesn't text me...

And I'M the bad texter!

Woa Woa Woa! I don't want to burden you with it!

Fast is always sitting in his station in the middle of nowhere with nothing better to do :D he needs something to entertain him. I let him live vicariously through my black cloud of calls.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Android FTW.

And 1.8? Holy crap, the rest of us are up to 4.04!

Some of us that have rooted our devices prefere to continue to use the older versions.

Android gives you more choices and control, plus you will not be giving your money to a company attempting to sue their competitors out of business because they can not stand competition.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Android gives you more choices and control, plus you will not be giving your money to a company attempting to sue their competitors out of business because they can not stand competition.
While true, Google hasn't exactly been a paragon of ethical behavior either.