New NBC series "Trauma" this fall

82-Alpha599

Forum Crew Member
so me and my partner transported a 5 year old today and the school nurse wanted to ride with, so we sat her up front and while transporting she asked me if i had watched the show. i said yes and she said she really liked it and that it was really accurate......i looked at her and said no its not.

God I cant stand RN's that are ignorant to EMS, they should know better.<_<

I put "Trauma" in the same category as "Walker Texas Ranger"... its so bad I got to watch it.

Last edited by a moderator:

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief

I put "Trauma" in the same category as "Walker Texas Ranger"... its so bad I got to watch it.

i should have told her nurse jackie is accurate. lol

JPINFV

Gadfly

I'm going to assume that you know all about nursing and can tell all the flaws in Mercy or Hawthorne, right? You don't see me complaining that one of the optometry technicians from Walmart (they were handing out goodies like eye drops) working at the health fair I volunteered at this weekend didn't know what a doctor of osteopathic medicine was despite being in a screening booth (we ["we" being students of the my universities DO, PA, and OD programs, at least from who I saw there during my shift) were doing vision screenings, blood pressure screenings, and blood glucose screening) despite being in a booth field with DO students. I don't expect that I know all of the finer details of every other health field enough to sort fact from fiction, and I don't expect others to know the same in terms of either EMS or physicians.

Actually, lets test the knowledge of this board on another medical field. How many people here know what a DO is and can name at least 1 DO involved in EMS? That last part is probably easier than you realize.

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
Without cheating and googling, isn't Bledsoe a DO?

JPINFV

Gadfly
Ignoring the fact that it looked a little high for it to be between the internal/external iliac arteries?

firecoins

IFT Puppet
So, how many other medics out there have preformed vascular surgery on scene??? :rolleyes:

and be one of only 6 MDs who could do it in thises conditions.

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
Actually, lets test the knowledge of this board on another medical field. How many people here know what a DO is and can name at least 1 DO involved in EMS? That last part is probably easier than you realize.

A Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine. Practically, no real difference from an MD, though DOs practice manual manipulation which, to me, at least, as one of the uninitiated, seems something like chiropractic, in addition to the usual "allopathic" style of treatment. Though apparently most DO's don't use that particular skill set very much.

And yes, Dr. Bledsoe is a DO, IIRC.

I did notice, while watching HawthoRNe, that everyone seems to be using a sprague steth. For some reason, that stood out for me, since I don't think I've ever seen one on a doctor or nurse. Loved how she shoved the Doc out of the way to take over a code after the patient had been pronounced, too...

TgerFoxMark

Forum Lieutenant
I'm going to assume that you know all about nursing and can tell all the flaws in Mercy or Hawthorne, right? You don't see me complaining that one of the optometry technicians from Walmart (they were handing out goodies like eye drops) working at the health fair I volunteered at this weekend didn't know what a doctor of osteopathic medicine was despite being in a screening booth (we ["we" being students of the my universities DO, PA, and OD programs, at least from who I saw there during my shift) were doing vision screenings, blood pressure screenings, and blood glucose screening) despite being in a booth field with DO students. I don't expect that I know all of the finer details of every other health field enough to sort fact from fiction, and I don't expect others to know the same in terms of either EMS or physicians.

Im going into a DO program in spring.
Yay to loosing what social life i had.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
This last episode reminds me.... whatever happened to those two NJ medics back in the day who did a field C-section with direction from a physician over the phone, saved the baby, and then lost their cards? Were they ever reinstated? Sued? Anyone know?

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
This last episode reminds me.... whatever happened to those two NJ medics back in the day who did a field C-section with direction from a physician over the phone, saved the baby, and then lost their cards? Were they ever reinstated? Sued? Anyone know?

Doesn't this mean that they were operating under the phsycians license? :/

sop

Forum Lieutenant
It's a pretty good attention-getting show.

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
It's being cancelled already.

Oh thank God. I hadn't seen it until recently, but I was on duty last night with two new crewmembers who thought is was awesome... and not in the "let's all watch the trainwreck!" way.

And yep, also know what a DO is, actually know one who works in emergency medicine, and know of Bledsoe...

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Link? Wouldn't be a bad thing.

Rumor only... although there is great speculation. According to what I was reading, the execs for the various networks are not as itchy to cancel shows this year as in previous years, mostly because they have nothing better in the waiting. Apparently, almost every new show this season has failed to meet expectations (except for NCIS:LA which is going good). Like most other new shows, Trauma was given the green light for 13 episodes (enough to last through mid-January). Execs either give the green light for another 9-13 or cancel the show by mid-November. This year, the only show to meet an early demise was Southland, which was officially cancelled this last week. Trauma still has another 4 weeks at most before they (god willing) cancel it. They could, however, cancel it sooner (PLEASE god).

I was on duty last night with two new crewmembers who thought is was awesome... and not in the "let's all watch the trainwreck!" way.

Frigin' whackers... only a moron could love this show...

Last edited by a moderator:

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
Frigin' whackers... only a moron could love this show...

For now, I'm being optimistic and saying it's just because they're new, and total white clouds. Hard to fault them when they've barely gotten calls, and all that.

But... I have my suspicions. :ph34r: