New NBC series "Trauma" this fall

emtzach03

Forum Probie
I have used the stair chairs with the treads. They definitely make life easier

id use that chair any day of the week going down but ill take the old crappy on for going back up later the new chairs are heavy as hell and the track gets in the way on older winding stairs... maby its just me

allvitals09

Forum Crew Member
id use that chair any day of the week going down but ill take the old crappy on for going back up later the new chairs are heavy as hell and the track gets in the way on older winding stairs... maby its just me

I agree. When I have used the chair going up i just assume carry it.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
didn't air this week... must be done.... DNR for sure

emtzach03

Forum Probie
i dont see this show going away anytime soon. besides its christmas season most shows dont start again till jan. i think they would do a better job if the overdraumatic situations would go away and they would just show the job for the humor and realistic crazyness it can be

allvitals09

Forum Crew Member
i dont see this show going away anytime soon. besides its christmas season most shows dont start again till jan. i think they would do a better job if the overdraumatic situations would go away and they would just show the job for the humor and realistic crazyness it can be

But what regular TV viewer would watch a drama show if it wasn't overly dramatic. Just look at soap-operas. If life was really like that then what would be the point.

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
I thought they order three more episodes.

They didn't order three more, they are just finishing out the season, they paid for 13 episodes already and they only have made 10 so far, so they are just getting the last three episodes they already paid for to get their moneys worth. I wonder if the acting will get worse since the actors know the show is getting cancelled now.

emtzach03

Forum Probie
But what regular TV viewer would watch a drama show if it wasn't overly dramatic. Just look at soap-operas. If life was really like that then what would be the point.

thats true for sure. i was hoping for a show like third watch i did enjoy that one. nothing beats rescue me imo anyways

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief

They didn't order three more, they are just finishing out the season, they paid for 13 episodes already and they only have made 10 so far, so they are just getting the last three episodes they already paid for to get their moneys worth. I wonder if the acting will get worse since the actors know the show is getting cancelled now.

Once more for the folks who don't have the energy to go back a few pages and read:

NBC originally ordered 13 episodes. The show was cancelled, but the 13 original episodes would continue to be filmed and shown until January. NBC has since decided to order 3 more episodes for a total of 16. However, once the original 13 episodes are all aired the show would leave the air until the Winter Olympics (covered by NBC) are over. Chuck will replace Trauma's current time slot and once the new 3 episodes start up it will be decided if the show will be picked up for good. LET US ALL PRAY THAT THEY DO NOT CONTINUE IT!

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
I haven't made any comment as to this TV show thus far, as it has only just been released onto our screens here in New Zealand.
The thing I find most funny, is the Flight Medic on it, is a Kiwi (New Zealand) actor.
I have to admit he does put on a pretty good American accent. :p
Peasonal hubbie and I think the show is very OTT.

Cheers Enjoynz

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
We had a spate of TV shows with Brits, NZ's and Aussies.

"Chuck", "Life", and "Life on Mars" all feature(d) actors from the former UK. Ony "Chuck" has made it this far and it is on life support.
Not to mention Jonathan LaPaglia on "Cold Case" (IMDB advises he WAS an ER doc in Australia), and Anthony LaPaglia was the male lead on "Without a Trace".

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Trauma has just premiered here in New Zealand (last week) and despite a lot of selling by the network the one or two reviews I've seen in the paper haven't been that flash.

I am predicting a spike in TV sales here after ambo's vent thier frustrations having seen the pilot.

Worst slop I ever saw, just god awful.

Medix821

Forum Ride Along
Why so bad?

Now it is a bit over the top but it's MUCH better than The Listener was - an EMT who has time to drive around and solve crimes. OK... and in the big city no less.

Why don't people like Trauma? I love that it shows EMS as its own separate entity with its own excitement and its own drama. The only heroes you ever see on TV are police, swat and fire. We save lives. We have a place in the Monday night lineup.

zmedic

Forum Captain
Watch the first episode of Trauma and then watch the ER pilot, notice the difference in acting, writing etc. You can have a good show about EMS/medicine. Unfortunately Trauma isn't it.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Sort of like "HOUSE, MD"? Oops, another Brit.

But there is some acting on that show.^_^

jbyogi

Forum Ride Along
come on!!!!!!

hey now I want to know what happened to "trauma" that show was awesome. yes iIwold agree that it had its times! and you would say to yourself WHAT THE HELL! but i wnat the show back. Im addicted!

Second issue to discuss, why is everyone a cpt or a asst chief on this site, that ok and everything, or is it the site ranking people on how much their on this site.

third issue, there thinking about laying of firefighter/medics in the dept im working for, can a 35 year old still get a job out there doing the same thing, or do i need to look for a different line of work?B)