• Yes- I would like verification of some kind

• No- I do not feel it is necessary

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
OP
NysEms2117

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
IMO, there is no reason to do this. If any poster submits content that is true and verifiable then who cares what cert levels they are? This is different from LEO forums where advice given may mean life or death of have OPSEC consequences.
This may be my youthful ignorance. But isent EMS also life and death?? On the LE forum we can't give legal advice... We can talk about the law and possible ways around it.. Same concept here.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
We also had brown too that is a reason this topic came up in the past. And can't forget about Sasha either

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
This may be my youthful ignorance. But isent EMS also life and death?? On the LE forum we can't give legal advice... We can talk about the law and possible ways around it.. Same concept here.

Any advice read here won't be used without medical direction or without seeing the research backing it. Well, shouldn't be.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Any advice read here won't be used without medical direction or without seeing the research backing it. Well, shouldn't be.

Sadly, someone posing as something they're not, if they're a prolific poster, can really sway people. Brown was one. Medic Rob was one. Sasha was one. Vent medic was one. All of those people were bad. Some verification might have eliminated the drama that they caused. I'd have no problem submitting my bona fides.

OP
OP
NysEms2117

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
So thats like the same rule the LE forum has :rolleyes:... Anything we say is our take, and is not law. Now if you contact me at my job, thats a different matter because i am working, and my job is the law... But i would have to choose to provide said information publicly. I remember saying that the verification would be a simple STEP, not an END all and BE ALL...

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Vent medic was one.
Hmmm, ya don't sayo_O?...

Welp, rest assured I am merely a Monkey...
IMG_0047.GIF

...and have ZERO qualms about my FP-C number:)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Hmmm, ya don't sayo_O?...

Welp, rest assured I am merely a Monkey...
View attachment 3269
...and have ZERO qualms about my FP-C number:)
Lol we had a user named VentMedic that caused some issues a while back

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Summit

Critical Crazy
Sadly, someone posing as something they're not, if they're a prolific poster, can really sway people. Brown was one. Medic Rob was one. Sasha was one. Vent medic was one. All of those people were bad. Some verification might have eliminated the drama that they caused. I'd have no problem submitting my bona fides.
Do we know that any of these posters lacked certification ? As I recall most of their issues were conduct not content ?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Do we know that any of these posters lacked certification ? As I recall most of their issues were conduct not content ?
Brown portrayed himself as a doc, he wasn't. Sasha portrayed herself as a medic, she wasn't. Rob portrayed himself as an.. NP? I think. He was an EMT-I at best. But yes, most of their issues were conduct. I believe Brown led someone astray with content though

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Brown portrayed himself as a doc, he wasn't. Sasha portrayed herself as a medic, she wasn't. Rob portrayed himself as an.. NP? I think. He was an EMT-I at best. But yes, most of their issues were conduct. I believe Brown led someone astray with content though

I think Rob claimed to be a flight RN and then an ACNP. I think he even claimed that he was a flight ACNP at one point. I remember messaging him a few times about that.

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
Well I'm not a constant poster on here, but a lurker. I check in and post on topics I have knowledge about when they come up.

I'd be cool with voluntary system.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
I support the idea 110 percent. I think if the mods and admins go forward with it we can discuss the details, but i support it.

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm in agreement that it'll be too much for too little. We're not talking 5.11 and Oakley discounts here, not even credibility. Just because you have a checkmark that says the admins know for a fact you are a paramedic doesn't mean you are a relatively credible resource. But there are plenty of folks here from all levels that, once you read what they have to say over some time, you can tell whether they are credible or not. That said, as others have pointed out (with examples no less), if someone is claiming to be credentialed to a level that they are certainly not, attentive readers tend to find out...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Medic Rob claimed either CRNA or ACNP, can't remember which. Brown mislead people to believe he was a Physician. Sasha was an EMT who went through medic school but never tested for some reason or another, can't remember why.

Wasn't VentMedic an RT? She was more nasty than misrepresenting herself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
If you want to make it voluntary, sure. If someone wants to submit a copy of their employee ID or certification to an admin or moderator, that is their choice.

if you want to make it mandatory, than I think it's a bad idea.

If someone wants to be anonymous, just judge them on the content of their posts. Just because someone says they are an MD online, doesn't mean you have to believe them. ditto if they say they are a Flight medic with 80 years of experience. Judge the content based on it's face value; if it's good, use it, if not, ignore it.

And don't forget, you can always ignore what an all knowing knowing RT/NP/MD says, even if he or she is verified by the admins