• Yes- I would like verification of some kind

• No- I do not feel it is necessary

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
OP
NysEms2117

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I say we create a "verification scale" with a post to like ratio. The bottom of the scale would be named after the most dubiously infamous of poster perhaps "Sultan", all the way up "ERDoc" status at the top.
I ask that we keep the thread on topic ;). We're all just full of idears aren't we :D

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
poster perhaps *He who must not be named*, all the way up "ERDoc" status at the top.

There.

Edit: In all fairness to this thread and verification ideas, why not just judge a person by the content they post? Most regular posters on here know just what the hell they're talking about. Yes theres always a few of those rotten eggs but they seem to be few and far between nowadays. Also should go along with taking everything and anything on here with a grain of salt. Just because I have to have a solid front facing red light on my ambulance doesn't mean thats the case everywhere (hope people catch my drift). Im personally not for it, but I'm not against it. I judge everyone on here by what they post.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I use a very scientific process to determine who is worth listening to:
I look at the like:post ratio...
Essentially how many likes the person has compared to the posts made

If somebody has at least a 1:3 ratio (200 likes:600 posts), then they obviously do a decent job of waiting to make helpful comments rather than just adding to the noise

@ERDoc may have one of the most impressive like:post ratios around (1.11:1) and I find nearly every one of his posts helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, damn. I'm screwed then...

I have 9,321 post and like 790 likes.

OP
OP
NysEms2117

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
This thread is taking a turn towards awesomeness. Thanks, @NysEms2117!
yea... sure, this was totally my plan. I knew from the start it would spark all this talk. And stuff. I think i deserve 10 likes? so i can be verified awesomeness?? :p

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Eh or that we were around a while before the likes came about lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Strong indicator to say less and listen more....or post less and read more. :)

Eh or that we were around a while before the likes came about lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Beat me to it. The likes didn't come around until a year ago, maybe two at most.

Just realized I've been here for 6 years....