the 100% directionless thread

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Apparently one of our guys has a mango tree that's ripe and just dropping a ton of mangoes into their yard, he started bringing in a bunch of the extras and now we have more than we know what to do with. Guess we'll find out just how many mango smoothies we can drink ... [emoji38]

Also today is my last shift before a bit of vacay. Get off work tomorrow morning, go home, grab my bag, call an Uber to the airport, then I'll be back in So Cal for a couple weeks
You city folk need to learn to can.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Dehydrator works too.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Whew, 3/3 shifts in a row with fire.

Smallish rubbish/homeless camp fire in the brush, so just us and a Tanker (the kind with wheels not wings you bear folk), but had to pull 300' of 1¾" hose just to reach it from the road (coulda used a 1" bundle on the end, but I pulled the line, and then the other guys broke it behind me to extend instead of just bringing up the bundle so *shrugs*)

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Whew, 3/3 shifts in a row with fire.

Smallish rubbish/homeless camp fire in the brush, so just us and a Tanker (the kind with wheels not wings you bear folk), but had to pull 300' of 1¾" hose just to reach it from the road (coulda used a 1" bundle on the end, but I pulled the line, and then the other guys broke it behind me to extend instead of just bringing up the bundle so *shrugs*)
Sounds like they want to remind you to pull the 1" next time. Rofl

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well we don't have any 1" preconnects, except a short 50' stretch on the front bumper, and I was told to grab the Precon (which is only 1¾")

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Usually brush play is if can't get it with the short front bumper line, pull a regular Precon (1¾", 200') and then if needed to extend still attach a bundle. *usually* a 1" Brush bundle (especially if expecting to go even further) but it's not the first time I've seen/heard of a 1¾" bundle being used)

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Hate hate hate flying on days I get off work. Up at 445 for a bad rollover and got a call at 650 so even though I had relief coming in early it didn’t matter. Barely got to see the gf after a 72 and now I’m stuck in Charlotte for weather and I look like a raccoon I’m so tired.
So yes, I’ll be at the bar.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Usually brush play is if can't get it with the short front bumper line, pull a regular Precon (1¾", 200') and then if needed to extend still attach a bundle. *usually* a 1" Brush bundle (especially if expecting to go even further) but it's not the first time I've seen/heard of a 1¾" bundle being used)
::looking around warily:: did I somehow end up in the Fire Engineering forum?

f’in hose jockeys.

I kid I kid.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Hate hate hate flying on days I get off work. Up at 445 for a bad rollover and got a call at 650 so even though I had relief coming in early it didn’t matter. Barely got to see the gf after a 72 and now I’m stuck in Charlotte for weather and I look like a raccoon I’m so tired.

Ive done some heavy drinking at a bar in CLT thanks to weather. Also had the worst pulled pork sandwich of my life there.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
If you need to be stuck at an airport, CLT is not a terrible one. I live very near there and have flown in and out countless times.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
I need to get a haircut.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Well I got to pet a kitty cat as we were leaving an assisted living facility. I am happy.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Oh joy.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Palm Springs is my #1. Ontario is #2. John Wayne #3. Burbank #4…
My airline only flies in and out from HNL via LAX, Ontario, and Long Beach (which that last one is lime a 7am flight, ugh no thanks lol) too bad Burbank isn't an option....
Well I got to pet a kitty cat as we were leaving an assisted living facility. I am happy.
Always the best. I remember one call we turn around and the patients cats are getting comfortable on top of our bags 😹
Well..now we have Monkey Pox in the US.

Yep. That’ll do it.
I heard about a single guy who got it while in Africa, diagnosed after flying back.... did it spread from there??

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
And I'm officially back in So Cal right now for the next couple weeks. Hopefully Forcey the Bear doesn't get any bright ideas about that 😆