the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Currently there is a hog skull soaking in peroxide on my kitchen counter.

My wife is either ignoring it or didn't notice. I'd like to think she's used to this by now.

I wonder how my neighbors would react to me boiling deer skulls in my backyard... then again I'd actually have to kill a deer...

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Currently there is a hog skull soaking in peroxide on my kitchen counter.

My wife is either ignoring it or didn't notice. I'd like to think she's used to this by now.
As long as she's not planning on putting your head in it. ;)

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I wonder how my neighbors would react to me boiling deer skulls in my backyard... then again I'd actually have to kill a deer...
My buddy and I broke down the gator I killed last year on the back "porch" of his apartment which just faces a courtyard with a bunch of other apartments.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
My buddy and I broke down the gator I killed last year on the back "porch" of his apartment which just faces a courtyard with a bunch of other apartments.
That's more awesome than the time I killed a snapping turtle in an apartment bathtub.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
I really hope I get that per diem 911 job I applied for. I’ve gotten 2 calls with the volly squad I’m part of and they were both canceled en route.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
My old partner is riding with me and we were a **** show back in the city. Not even done with day 2 with him and we already have a scene with helos...guess some things don't change. That being said, really loving the ketamine/fentanyl combo. That worked so beautifully.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
really loving the ketamine/fentanyl combo. That worked so beautifully.
Looking for solid literature on this actual topic. If you, or anyone else has any, post it up. Preferably in a separate thread.

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
ketamine + anything works so beautifully....tripping a lot of useful receptors with much less of each drug to be more effective....

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
ketamine + anything works so beautifully....tripping a lot of useful receptors with much less of each drug to be more effective....
Lately I’ve been doing a lot of ketamine & precedex for MAC cases. Works incredibly well.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Looking for solid literature on this actual topic. If you, or anyone else has any, post it up. Preferably in a separate thread.
I'll take a look and ask around.

We didn't go super light on the Fentanyl. He got 100 + 100 a bit later. Didn't touch his pain a bit. That 25mg cherry on top put him to a nice drowsy, but easily roused state. Got him breathing easier with the fractured ribs too.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I'll take a look and ask around.

We didn't go super light on the Fentanyl. He got 100 + 100 a bit later. Didn't touch his pain a bit. That 25mg cherry on top put him to a nice drowsy, but easily roused state. Got him breathing easier with the fractured ribs too.
I enjoy when medicating the patient with a variety of rib fractures that looks like absolute doo doo and then suddenly they look much better since they can actually breathe. It's saved a few folks from getting a not strictly necessary needle decompression that's for sure (or at least made it more comfortable).

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I enjoy when medicating the patient with a variety of rib fractures that looks like absolute doo doo and then suddenly they look much better since they can actually breathe. It's saved a few folks from getting a not strictly necessary needle decompression that's for sure (or at least made it more comfortable).
Yea it cut his respiratory rate almost in half and not in a bad way. I am honestly surprised he didn't need it, that vehicle looked baaaad. But he maintained beautifully and we got the pain and work of breathing under control. Never did show signs of tensioning.

CALEMT

Dodgers and Yankees players get boo'd. Ohtani gets the W and Walsh makes a great sliding catch. AL bets the NL yet again. All is right in the world.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Dodgers and Yankees players get boo'd. Ohtani gets the W and Walsh makes a great sliding catch. AL bets the NL yet again. All is right in the world.
You mean the same Ohtani who failed to live up to the Home Run Derby hype?

CALEMT

You mean the same Ohtani who failed to live up to the Home Run Derby hype?

Didn't help that his bp pitcher was trying to win the Cy Young award.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Done with today. Code ✅ major trauma ✅ tacos ✅