the 100% directionless thread

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Pan seared the last deer tenderloin I had in Irish butter and rosemary. Sadly this hunting season wasn't as productive as hoped with work and all. Colorado is looking like next years trip though.
Yep. Ive nearly eaten all of this years doe. Nothing left but grind and roast from last yeats buck.

Ive got a hog hunt in a couple weeks so that should supplement well.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
I need to get a blanket for my work bag. I’ve been stuck posting for the past 2 hours or so and even with the heat on I’m freezing. It’s 39 out.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Yep. Ive nearly eaten all of this years doe. Nothing left but grind and roast from last yeats buck.

Ive got a hog hunt in a couple weeks so that should supplement well.
Probably gonna do a hog hunt in GA later this year. Never have done that before.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Celebrated 6 months of dating with my boyfriend. Hopefully it won't be too long until we're in a good spot to be engaged. Ups and downs sure, but we've both been putting energy into being better for ourselves, each other, and as providers and just in general.

Having a frustrating time with a used laptop he bought from Bookface locally.

Does anyone have experience with gateway not found issues? It could be my home network. Normal Google and troubleshooting isn't working.

Is there a way to choose between if it connects to my Wifi's 2.4 or 5 mhz channel?

School should start in a few weeks. We're not sure when.

Got on Vyvanse. Took it once as a trial run after the sleep study. Got super OCD and like motivated or something? and cleaned everything.

Sleep study completed. Waiting on results. My drug test came back squeaky clean. Of course.

While on vacation, for the first time in my life, had sleep paralysis. That was absolutely terrifying. Of course that was after the study and when they asked if I'd had it before, I said no.

I'm slowly getting on top of bills. Paying down my credit cards. Feels good to see some progress.

Looking for other jobs still.

Busy as a bee over here.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Having a frustrating time with a used laptop he bought from Bookface locally.

Does anyone have experience with gateway not found issues? It could be my home network. Normal Google and troubleshooting isn't working.

Is there a way to choose between if it connects to my Wifi's 2.4 or 5 mhz channel?
Most of the time that I've seen that gateway not found issue is when the internet cable is plugged into the wrong port on the router. Other times it is because DHCP is misconfigured in the router.

Your 5.7GHz SSID should have the 5 appended on to the end of it...connect to that one.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Most of the time that I've seen that gateway not found issue is when the internet cable is plugged into the wrong port on the router. Other times it is because DHCP is misconfigured in the router.

Your 5.7GHz SSID should have the 5 appended on to the end of it...connect to that one.
this used to be the case but a lot of newer equipment shares the SSID for both 2.4ghz and 5ghz and does not separate them. best practice is for the client to pick. there's also stuff like channel width to deal with as well.

we need lots more information though. :)

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Had my last day on the truck, went skiing, and am now running errands...18 week municipal fire academy starts tomorrow. First time I won’t be working 24s/48s since 2013.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Been working for an FD for the last two years, seems like it’s time to I dunno, do fire things.

We'll teach you the secret handshake once you graduate the academy.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Judging by some of the ones I've met that handshake is just dropping their hand down each other's pants. But exhibit A for me also has a "brotherhood" tattoo as well as POV lights and computer so.....

So that’s how they roll in the Midwest. Interesting.

OceanBossMan263

Forum Crew Member
Lots of reasons...most which have to do with money.
Yup. Places want part timers around for a smaller stipend than a full paid force. Sometimes a minimal crew or just drivers. Sometimes the call volume doesn't justify having someone 24/7 but it is beneficial during certain hours.

Paid EMS responders are a regular thing near me. Many fire districts utilize either per diem or full time staff for at least daytime weekday hours

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Well. I finally took the "A job interview goes both ways" to heart.

I want to showcase my skills and interests, passion, but as well as my drive and expectations.

I got, not aggressive, per se, but forward in my questions and clear.

Not great PCR software, use of tablets (I don't like tablets), but every truck does have a monitor at least here.

They say they'll work with school.

No paid CE or recert help, no school reimbursement.

No stations. 15-16 hour shifts are standard.

Pay is more than a 2$ cut unless they ante up current pay. About 2 year old company from prior experience where they sold out to Acadian, but they only now started annual performance reviews.

They said I was very impressed with me and how professional I was.

Uniform seems reasonable, but no stipend.

No guarantee of getting 911.

At least there's no non competition agreement, they want disclosure.

No 401K.

At least they have workman's comp.

But they seemed very happy how well I spoke, my questions and engagement and honesty.

But they haven't sold me.

Time to submit more applications.