the 100% directionless thread

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
When you give a firefighter a burn permit... goodbye weeds hahahahahaha.
Was always nice when I could just borrow a brush truck from the station to burn the weeds.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Was always nice when I could just borrow a brush truck from the station to burn the weeds.

I don’t think my department would let me take an apparatus across state lines.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
New Zoll x monitors go in service next week!

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

I dig the x series... only thing is the monitor paper is a ***** to change out and when you run 12 leads the strip is as long as a CVS receipt.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I'm done with all my computer courses. FEMA IS 100,200, etc

I can't enroll for benefits yet, though. Need to put my 401K over, do more learning and stuff. But Tuesday is FTO time.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
A year into the X series we’re having issues. The pulse ox cables fail constantly. The 12 leads are meh. The printer sucks. The cases suck.

Only good things? It’s light. It’s wifi enabled. It’s got great CPR feedback and did I mention it’s light?

PotatoMedic

A year into the X series we’re having issues. The pulse ox cables fail constantly. The 12 leads are meh. The printer sucks. The cases suck.

Only good things? It’s light. It’s wifi enabled. It’s got great CPR feedback and did I mention it’s light?
We have spo2 cable failures on our lp15's regularly. The printer does suck and I don't like the printout but it still works. If you find the perfect monitor let me know. Though the one that is still about two years out for the US market does look like it might be perfect.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We have spo2 cable failures on our lp15's regularly. The printer does suck and I don't like the printout but it still works. If you find the perfect monitor let me know. Though the one that is still about two years out for the US market does look like it might be perfect.
Tempus?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
What in geezuz H christ are you barbarians using?!...
A year into the X series we’re having issues. The pulse ox cables fail constantly. The 12 leads are meh. The printer sucks.
The epilogue that prints out with every 12-lead is annoying for sure.

Every time I have an issue and write them up, the supes say it’s fine and put the monitors back in service //shrugs//.

Every piece of equipment is bound to have its issues I suppose. It is light and because of space-constraints, we don’t put the sleeve on it in the bird. It helps.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
What in geezuz H christ are you barbarians using?!...

The epilogue that prints out with every 12-lead is annoying for sure.

Every time I have an issue and write them up, the supes say it’s fine and put the monitors back in service //shrugs//.

Every piece of equipment is bound to have its issues I suppose. It is light and because of space-constraints, we don’t put the sleeve on it in the bird. It helps.
Not in a 407 at least.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas

I like the X-series but have had the same problems. I really like the MRX but I’m weird and alone in this world on that.

PotatoMedic

I like the X-series but have had the same problems. I really like the MRX but I’m weird and alone in this world on that.
Very very alone... The mrx isn't with being a boat anchor as it would figure out a way to fail at that too.

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief

Absolutely, totally alone lol.

I find the fiber optics in the Masimo pulse ox cables are extremely sensitive and prone to fractures, and they’re expensive as crap to replace.

We do use the blue Zoll cable wraps on ours in the aircraft, and wrap all the stuff together loosely with a B/P cuff. That seems to have help but we still get cable failures every once in a while. Anytime people are wrapping those cables up tight it’s an issue. I miss the days of Nellcor being the gold standard. You could tied those things into a figure 8 reweave and they would still work, and their disposable sensors for peds/neo were much much cheaper....

LP15 at part-time EMS job and Zoll X in flight, and although I love the LP15 overall the weight savings of the X wins hands down every day.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I prefer Philips MRx as well so I guess @RocketMedic isn't alone. We just switched over to the Lifepak 15 and I hate them. They are absolutely garbage at getting vital signs, the dumb pulse oximetry poor perfusion alarm is so annoying (I am aware you have to change sensitivity to high to resolve this, but that doesn't always work), and I cannot preview the 12-lead to see which leads have too many artifacts or isn't sticking on right. I hate it! Might be ePCR software dependent (we use ImageTrend), but when I transmit zoomed in ECGs, it doesn't transmit the zoomed in feature that I saw.

I've only played around with fire's Zoll monitor before, not sure if they are the X, but I played with X at a training once where they showed us the see through CPR feature. I like the see through CPR feature, but the rest of it is kind of meh. I don't like that the 12-lead only shows one complex per lead. I don't find the monitor very easy or intuitive to use (eg hitting "record" to print? WTF?).

My only complaint with the MRx was that the 12-lead algorithm almost always seemed to interpret RBBB as MIs except the one time I had a RBBB that was an MI (I activated, the machine didn't). I like being able to see my 12-lead before having the machine interpret/print. I felt like monitors have a bad rap with getting vital signs, but I felt like the MRx was pretty reliable for this. In our county, we are suppose to do a manual set before we get one with the monitor, I always do it before I even apply the monitor to the patient, and it seemed to get the same vital signs as I did the majority of the times (not true with the Lifepak 15, which can struggle to get a blood pressure on a young healthy patient that is sitting still... Lifepak can probably only get a blood pressure on a dead body). Back the ePCR stuff, the time that I hit event/print was different from what was transmitted to the ePCR, which can be kind of annoying to "capture" things (eg conversion after adenosine). My trick was to spam the print button to capture multiple things rather than to print a long strip.

Last edited:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Philips came out and demoed the Tempus the other day, I was not present but heard it is pretttttty rad. @RocketMedic I actually totally dug the MRx, I'm with ya.

I was messing around with flight's ProPaq MD the other day (sort of the predecessor to the X) and that thing prints on the tiniest paper ever. And it prints out of the bottom under the case? It doesn't go in the bag but it goes in whatever nastiness the monitor might be sitting on. If it wasn't for the printer, I think the X series would be my choice for monitor. Excited for the TempusPro though.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
In our county, we are suppose to do a manual set before we get one with the monitor, I always do it before I even apply the monitor to the patient, and it seemed to get the same vital signs as I did the majority of the times (not true with the Lifepak 15, which can struggle to get a blood pressure on a young healthy patient that is sitting still... Lifepak can probably only get a blood pressure on a dead body).

Do you have coiled or straight tubing to the BP cuff? The coiled variety is hot garbage.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I drive an Insight and like weird things, like the Ambassador-class starship and Taurus pistols.

Last shift at current employer...if nothing else, this purgatory has smoke-checked my ego hard.