the 100% directionless thread

After some poking at the darned thing, I'm mostly there in having that computer back up and running. I do have to say that the startup on the new SSD is simply stupid fast compared to what it was before the old HDD died, even when that drive was in good shape. This computer is also quite a bit more responsive than it was. I do know that part of this is because I also basically maxed out the RAM too. The best part of all is that the computer OS reactivated properly to the correct version that was on this computer.

I had to have a chat with a medic at another service in my area about his incessant hitting on one of my recruit EMTs.

I'm actually friends with both him and his wife in real life and I saw him at the hospital and asked if he realized that the girl he was harassing was one of my students.

The texts immediately stopped ... Along with a plea to not mention his indiscretions to his wife.

Its such a small world, how could he think he could get away with something like that?

After some poking at the darned thing, I'm mostly there in having that computer back up and running. I do have to say that the startup on the new SSD is simply stupid fast compared to what it was before the old HDD died, even when that drive was in good shape. This computer is also quite a bit more responsive than it was. I do know that part of this is because I also basically maxed out the RAM too. The best part of all is that the computer OS reactivated properly to the correct version that was on this computer.
SSD's are nice. Run 3 of them in my main laptop for the past 7 years and still haven't had any issues. Running Linux I still get faster boot times than most Windows machines, and I don't have to deal with OS reactivation or licensing issues.

Nerds

I recommend not dating anyone related to your profession. Find an engineer or something. They make good money.

I exclusively date nurse, works out horribly for me but is interesting none the less :oops:

I had to have a chat with a medic at another service in my area about his incessant hitting on one of my recruit EMTs.

I'm actually friends with both him and his wife in real life and I saw him at the hospital and asked if he realized that the girl he was harassing was one of my students.

The texts immediately stopped ... Along with a plea to not mention his indiscretions to his wife.

Its such a small world, how could he think he could get away with something like that?
Fortunately your staff felt comfortable coming to you as well. I think that's how a lot of people think they can get away with such crap, that the victim just won't want to speak up.

Fortunately your staff felt comfortable coming to you as well. I think that's how a lot of people think they can get away with such crap, that the victim just won't want to speak up.
^^^
This

I like to think my gang knows they can trust me. Not everyone likes me... but I treat the team fairly and with respect.
I'm all about accountability.

I sometimes wonder what happened to past forum members.

Like Mycrofft.

Most of the time life gets in the way, but I wonder about some members too.

Looking to make some short videos for work. I always use my Galaxy Note 10+ but I also have a Nikon D3300 at home. Is there any benefit to using a DSLR vs my phone? Better quality with editing? The Note is 4K vs the Nikon 1080p. Was going to pick up a Rode mic for whichever I decide to use.

Looking to make some short videos for work. I always use my Galaxy Note 10+ but I also have a Nikon D3300 at home. Is there any benefit to using a DSLR vs my phone? Better quality with editing? The Note is 4K vs the Nikon 1080p. Was going to pick up a Rode mic for whichever I decide to use.

I do LOTS of work/education video. I have multiple cameras. I use a Canon DSLR and a Canon Viva H800. I primarily edit on Camtasia, because I can embed quizzes and interaction. I also shoot the quickies on my iPad and edit those with Premiere Rush.

Honestly, you will get good results with anything that’s shooting HD, but lights and audio make or break you. I record all the audio separate on a Zoom H4. I very seldom use a shotgun mic and never use camera audio except as a sync mark. I have a Rode news shooter kit for wireless mics, and use a lav on the person speaking. I do narration VO with a Samson USB I’ve had for years. I have several light kits from Amazon and tend to use a lot of light. I have Neewer led lights, but with the cheaper kits they’re all pretty equal in quality. The soft boxes is what makes the difference.

Also I highly recommend StoryBlocks for music, stills and B roll stock video.

I sometimes wonder what happened to past forum members.

Like Mycrofft.
He's a pretty good guy. Being on this forum was more of a side thing for him and though he was thinking about retirement, he was just getting busier. He's on FB a little bit but I suspect that "social media" hasn't exactly been high on his list of things to do.

He's a pretty good guy. Being on this forum was more of a side thing for him and though he was thinking about retirement, he was just getting busier. He's on FB a little bit but I suspect that "social media" hasn't exactly been high on his list of things to do.

I appreciated his stuff. He was interesting

I’m sorry for your pup. Mine sends a lick. Thank you for being a GOOD dad.

Last year 2/1 to 5/5 we had 10 cardiac arrests that were dead on scene and not transported. This year, same time frame, we have had 46.

Back