the 100% directionless thread

Medic 42, we have three code 3 calls pending for you. Medic 88, you can you take your code 7 now.

I hate SSM.
And yet all I hear in your post is Scorcese's voice in "Bringing Out The Dead". "X-ray, pick up the radio X-ray." Tell me, do you like your coffee bloody?

Last edited:
Am I the only one who appreciates thumbprint radio on Pandora? It's like it knows all my zany eclectic taste in music...

Medic 42, we have three code 3 calls pending for you. Medic 88, you can you take your code 7 now.

I hate SSM.
Two half shifts in the city this week. Posted once. Most of the other calls were within five minutes of getting to destination...

Why did I decide to pick up the back half of our busiest 24 in the valley after working my normal unit, the busiest 12 in the valley?

I'm sleepy.

Why did I decide to pick up the back half of our busiest 24 in the valley after working my normal unit, the busiest 12 in the valley?

I'm sleepy.
I'm gonna have a very busy and stressful day tomorrow at the BMW testing center hahaha

I'm gonna have a very busy and stressful day tomorrow at the BMW testing center hahaha
I'm going Saturday with one of the sups there for the Thermal Cup, then Sunday cheerleading, Monday Thermal again, Tuesday CVR. Exciting week of standbys...

Been getting a lot of ICU transfers lately. Here's hoping for another tomorrow. Nice having real exposure to medical cases that offer some learning opportunities.

Gotta love seeing EMS come through the doors with a pt on the stretcher who is on her cell phone.
That's about as good as the positive suitcase sign...

Haha I may have used TEMS in the past..not sure how much I liked it though...I had more success visiting a chiropractor and an occasional massage...but the chiropractor visit was while I was in Georgia in Jumpmaster School, they're a little more expensive here in LA haha so I haven't been to one since, but luckily I don't hurt enough to feel like I need one right now anyway..

Ok, gotta fix something:

TEMS=
tems_h2.jpg

TENS=
TENS-Units-for-Back-Pain.jpg

Doh!

Perhaps it was a tactical application of electrotherapy, which may or may not have been relatively concurrent with the procedure known as "baptizing with freedom."

Well then. A city in my county just told Acadian they are no longer allowed to do transfers out of the city. The city has a hospital that does a lot of transfers. Big blow to Acadian and a boost for us. As county EMS authority we are now going to put up another truck to handle those transfers, plus help with extra 911 calls in the county.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Well then. A city in my county just told Acadian they are no longer allowed to do transfers out of the city. The city has a hospital that does a lot of transfers. Big blow to Acadian and a boost for us. As county EMS authority we are now going to put up another truck to handle those transfers, plus help with extra 911 calls in the county.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
I've heard of counties saying "XYZ Company is not allowed to pick up a patient in our County" but to not allow them to transfer out? Seems a little odd....I'm guessing some sort of local political drama?

In a similar vein, management absolutely loves that we're a backup provider for Kaiser transfers, pretty much guaranteed payment for the IFT from Kaiser runs, it does help the companies bottom line, but of course there's plenty of guys/gals in the field grumbling about the increase in BLS IFT's since most people come over for the 911 calls...especially since they did away with the BLS IFT call bonus (still call bonus for ALS IFT's but of course the majority of our units that are BLS can't get in on that)

I've heard of counties saying "XYZ Company is not allowed to pick up a patient in our County" but to not allow them to transfer out? Seems a little odd....I'm guessing some sort of local political drama?
Not being allowed in, and transferring out are sort of one in the same; oftentimes it's an EOA stipulation. They typically get approval through the LEMS providers management staff in a pinch.
still call bonus for ALS IFT's but of course the majority of our units that are BLS can't get in on that
What does your ALS call bonus entail?

In a similar vein, management absolutely loves that we're a backup provider for Kaiser transfers, pretty much guaranteed payment for the IFT from Kaiser runs, it does help the companies bottom line, but of course there's plenty of guys/gals in the field grumbling about the increase in BLS IFT's since most people come over for the 911 calls...especially since they did away with the BLS IFT call bonus (still call bonus for ALS IFT's but of course the majority of our units that are BLS can't get in on that)
It could be as simple as that theydidn't renew their city ambulance license. Or Acadian didn't play nice and pissed off the FD. And this means they can't even operate backup 911 or pickup at private residences in this city. We already have the county seat not allowing anyone but my agency to pickup 911/transfer in it (other than the mutual aid cities around us, but one of them is covered by more of our units too).
They can still bring the patients to the hospital in that city.

Well, test is done. Out of 125 testing, only 3 scored higher than me. BUT, seniority points are killing me. I'm looking at #13-15 on the list. Rumor is they'll promote anywhere between 8 and 20... The next year will be agonous.

Well, test is done. Out of 125 testing, only 3 scored higher than me. BUT, seniority points are killing me. I'm looking at #13-15 on the list. Rumor is they'll promote anywhere between 8 and 20... The next year will be agonous.
Good luck, STX.

this is for fire Lt.?

Back