the 100% directionless thread

Medics get $35 per ALS IFT, if you're a 1&1 EMT working an ALS unit, I'd get $20 bonus for chauffeuring them around lol

I'd tell dispatch to give me ALS IFTs all day long.

Easy money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy money!

Yeah, it's funny, two of our 4 ALS units are scheduled 1&1 right now, (and if there's not a second medic for a third they'll staff 1&1, the 4th is contractually required to be dual medic for one of our response cities) and even though people grumble all the time about "Why do you wanna work that shift? All you'll do all day long is IFT's, you won't get any County (911) calls!", and yet, those shifts are hardly ever open for pickup hmm lol

Patient feeling nauseous....
Me: Would you like Zofran?
Pt: No, I'll just hold this emesis bag.
Me: Alrighty then...
*15 minutes later*
Pt: *blarg, nasty vomit noise, blech*
chloe.gif

Me: verdammt scheiße ...."How about now?"

c45ebbf7ab0ddb9a5010d40ddad02722.jpg

Perfect dinner tonight before I work a 24 tomorrow.

Indeed, sir.
Out here in NY the Lt. exam (as per family member) takes about 13-17, captain 6-11 then the chiefs are selected by ones and twos

Out here in NY the Lt. exam (as per family member) takes about 13-17, captain 6-11 then the chiefs are selected by ones and twos
For FDNY? If so, that's a much lower number than I'd have expected from them

West ny. Not fdny. Figured you would've been in a slightly smaller system then fdny lol I can get those numbers too if you'd like

however, being a Lt. at your age.. you'd be tracking to be a deputy chief before 40-43. Which means you'd be looking at some niceeeee pension

Gotcha. Yeah, definitely not that big. We have about 2,000 uniformed positions here. And yeah, if I decide to go for battalion chief, it'll be in my mid to late 30s, with deputy possibly a few years after that. Not sure if I want that headache though... Lol

Gotcha. Yeah, definitely not that big. We have about 2,000 uniformed positions here. And yeah, if I decide to go for battalion chief, it'll be in my mid to late 30s, with deputy possibly a few years after that. Not sure if I want that headache though... Lol
my family member did it just to gain an extra 30k/yr in pension. His structure was 25yrs in base 75%. every year after +2%. Every promotional position is +2%. 75% (or increased due to years or promotion) was based on the top 5 yrs of pay. So taking the chief spot gave him +4% for a year, and promotion, putting him at 96 or 98 i forgot. Then basing his salary off of salary 1(chief), which was 30k more then salary 2(assistant chief?, dont know fire ranks that well). He said its great when you get a family because it's not shift work it's 9-5. or 8-4 whatever you want to call it. For me it would've been a no brainer, for him he actually had to think.

Feel free to pm, and i can ask just about anything, he's a very close family member.

6 days off, now to determine if I want to so graciously give up one of my weekend days for a 12 hour ground shift at double time. Decisions, decisions...

6 days off, now to determine if I want to so graciously give up one of my weekend days for a 12 hour ground shift at double time. Decisions, decisions...
I smell @VentMonkey going to be treating himself to something nice after that double time shift... like an extra mortgage payment, or food bill! :D:rolleyes:

Easy money!

Picked up one of the 1&1 shifts next week, out of the WeHo station that has 1 BLS unit, so fairly busy, relatively geographically isolated so still a good chance for 911s, but still known to get a bunch of IFTs so call bonuses plus county calls so should be a decent day.

It is so hard to say no to that cash

It really is, however, our consistently depleted weekend schedules begs to differ. Still, for a guy with mouths to feed and my "selfishly having fun days" well behind me, it's only that much nicer come pay period.
IMG_0174.GIF

And, @NysEms2117 you're pretty spot on. Most of is directly out of my pocket. No greater gift than being a selfless parent, IMHO.

Was just trying to think of "adulting things" lol

Sounds like an investment. Half the work + same pay= more time and money for family stuff.

Lol, fair enough, however, my wife and I have long been removed from the "adulting phase" and moved over to the "parenting phase"; completely different subset.
so kids now getting new toys :D??

Back