the 100% directionless thread

I think the one I'm on has 28,000 but the sheriffs dpt said they get new ones at 60k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of our detox vans has 600k on it. Don't know how triton V8s and transmissions it's been through or why they don't just burn it, the things that poor thing has seen...

One of our detox vans has 600k on it. Don't know how triton V8s and transmissions it's been through or why they don't just burn it, the things that poor thing has seen...

I bet it smells great.

I bet it smells great.

The smell is so unique I cannot even describe it. It's a mixture of hot coolant, exhaust leak, Kentucky Deluxe, vomit, and sadness.

In what can only be described as "getting your money's worth," the vans also have a wheelchair lift so you can add a little UTI smell as well. And the tears of the poor pysch transfers who also get rides in them, though they have to sit in the same cage that the inebriates use :(.

I drove one with a mere 196k last night. Those Brauns certainly get worked!

The new Fraziers are already in five digits.

Realzied my NRP is coming up on expiring. So what did I just do? Spent 400 bucks on distance CME for a 48 hour refersher course. Would have taken the test and saved a few hundred dollars but I also need the con end hours for my state recert. Bleh...

Realzied my NRP is coming up on expiring. So what did I just do? Spent 400 bucks on distance CME for a 48 hour refersher course. Would have taken the test and saved a few hundred dollars but I also need the con end hours for my state recert. Bleh...

Which one did you do?

Distancecme.com

Peace out YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

See ya'll on the 21st when I'm back at to the salt mines.

Peace out YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

See ya'll on the 21st when I'm back at to the salt mines.
IMG_2227.GIF

Working at the rural satellite station today. 2 medic units, 4 people. Nothing happening. One of the medics is indulging in a sugary sweet parade of Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel. One medic is snoring in a recliner. One medic is sawing wood in a back bunk room and I'm watching old Netflix movies on my iPad. Typical Sunday EMS.

...I expect all hell to break loose in 90 minutes now that I've taken my boots off.

Working at the rural satellite station today. 2 medic units, 4 people. Nothing happening. One of the medics is indulging in a sugary sweet parade of Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel. One medic is snoring in a recliner. One medic is sawing wood in a back bunk room and I'm watching old Netflix movies on my iPad. Typical Sunday EMS.

...I expect all hell to break loose in 90 minutes now that I've taken my boots off.

Sounds like here. 2 medic units and 1 commander. Both units have a paramedic student.

We're watching football and plotting dinner.

The Cowboys and Browns don't fill me with excitement. Even the stadium sound crew just sent the game to commercial with a short clip of Huey Lewis's Heart of Rock and Roll.

We know the heart of Cleveland is barely beating. You don't have to rub it in lol.

On a side note, this orientation seems to take forever.

Meanwhile I'm on my third call/second transport of the shift already :P

Funny because our AMA earlier called in for a hit and run....but told us he didn't want cops for a report...fire asked why and he told us he had a warrant....CHP showed up for the report and all of a sudden he hops out to go hospital private auto with his buddy hmm lol

We have 3 LAFD firefighters at an event in my area that we are covering trying to get people to put in applications with them (they have a booth and everything. It's about 2 hours away from LA). The look on their face when I laughed when they asked if I wanted to go fire was priceless.

We have 3 LAFD firefighters at an event in my area that we are covering trying to get people to put in applications with them (they have a booth and everything. It's about 2 hours away from LA). The look on their face when I laughed when they asked if I wanted to go fire was priceless.
So.....there's hope for me yet? :P

One of the other flight paramedics went down to attend a class put on by them some time ago.

He shared a very similar story, with a very similar outcome. Makes me wonder how truly bad their department has become, and/ or then struggles they continue to deal with.

So.....there's hope for me yet? :p
Per them they are open for apps until the end of December and then they will close the hiring process for 2 years (very doubtful).

Back