Forum Asst. Chief
I will say that I'll have a very interesting wedding. Attendants will include:
2 RNs
1 Medic
1 Medic instructor, former SWAT
1 Sheriff Deputy (K9)
1 Former Deputy
1 Emergency Management Officer
The real question is, is the officer going to bring his canine partner?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Got the letter in the mail today, officially invited to take the LACoFD written test :D Unfortunately one of the two test dates (both of which are mandatory) falls on my Army Reserve drill date...I'll be missing a combat equipment jump out of a high performance aircraft with a follow on mission, but hey, we get those once or twice a year...FD's only test like 5 years, I can always jump again in the future lol :)

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Got the letter in the mail today, officially invited to take the LACoFD written test :D Unfortunately one of the two test dates (both of which are mandatory) falls on my Army Reserve drill date...I'll be missing a combat equipment jump out of a high performance aircraft with a follow on mission, but hey, we get those once or twice a year...FD's only test like 5 years, I can always jump again in the future lol :)
Congrats! Personally I would choose jumping out of the airplane over living/working in LA but hey, good career move.

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
People are stupid. Just plain stupid. On Twitter, there's this one group of hardcore female feminists who are calling all males bad, serial rapists, who can't read because they aren't supporting women's week. On the other hand, the guys are continuing to bash the feminists for these comments with comments of their own, such as, "its 8 pm now and I'm a white male. time to go out in the neighborhood and stalk some females."

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
You should inform them that a female has two X chromosomes, while males still have one X chromosome in addition to their one Y chromosome.

So much to both sides disappointment, everyone is at least half female.
Extreme feminists are bashing half-ladies,
And although those men might think women are "the suck", they are still half suck.

Then I would tell them all to shut up and change their tampons because I'm bored and I would guess their responses would be nothing short of entertaining.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I watched all 7 X-Men movies in 3 days.

I don't know what to do with myself now.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Ugh. That moment when your at the grocery store in uniform after work and a complete stranger comes up and says " Hey I just got my EMT. Could you help me get a job? Or could I use you as a reference?".......-_-

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
A midnight run sounds like fun right now...

Angel

Paramedic
Apparently everyone wants to call 911 at the same time...gonna be a crazy night if this keeps up.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I farm unicorns. Want the best one. Even unicorns have nags.

Which is fine, but we would simply not hire you where I work. We are a pretty darn close to a unicorn service (though our small size provides some limitations), and we hire based on who is a good fit and has demonstrated being able to work successfully in a variety of environments with success. While you may have done that, your resume does not indicate that. That is enough of a red flag to not bring such a candidate in for an interview, there are plenty of other people who have worked through their employer's challenges instead of walking out.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Which is fine, but we would simply not hire you where I work. We are a pretty darn close to a unicorn service (though our small size provides some limitations), and we hire based on who is a good fit and has demonstrated being able to work successfully in a variety of environments with success. While you may have done that, your resume does not indicate that. That is enough of a red flag to not bring such a candidate in for an interview, there are plenty of other people who have worked through their employer's challenges instead of walking out.

Meh.

Angel

Paramedic
Was repetitively called an ambulance driver by a med tech tonight. My shirt clearly says paramedic!
Ugh

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
It's 39 degrees outside and I have the bedroom window open. I love this weather!

Deftones

Forum Probie
Ugh. That moment when your at the grocery store in uniform after work and a complete stranger comes up and says " Hey I just got my EMT. Could you help me get a job? Or could I use you as a reference?".......-_-
Hey, I just got my EMT. Can you help me get a job? Can I use you as a reference? How about you let me do a ride along with you? I can pitch in and help you. :)

Seriously though, how did you react? I'd feel awkward in that situation.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I usually get "oh you're a paramedic? I always wanted to do that. How much money do you make an hour?"

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Seriously though, how did you react? .
image.jpg

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Tha
That's why I de-uniform on my way out of the station. Well that and 100 other reasons.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
i usually do but I had an appointment and was rushed.....never again.