the 100% directionless thread

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
@Chewy20 You're doing what I did! I can't say I regret it, but I feel super old to still be in school.

Don't know how deathly old you are, but I just turned 24 and I feel ancient walking down the halls. Granted if I went to school at 18 I would have picked some BS degree and been happy with C's as long as their was plenty of beer.

Angel

Paramedic
Lol 25! I just imagined myself done a long time ago. I have friends getting masters and doctorates so there's that!

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Wish there were more medic schools around Austin, the only one besides the community college makes you take a 7 month AEMT course before attending the paramedic course...give me a break. Makes the decision of taking regular classes easier though.
Come hang out with me at UTHSCSA [emoji41]

Anjel

Forum Angel
All set to go back to work Tuesday as long as the doctor cooperates. If not they are trying to force me into dispatch.

I'm glad pain is subjective.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Carol is scary.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
I like turtles.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
That "ignore" button sure comes in handy.
Maybe that is why I feel like no one sees me. Everyone just has me on ignore!

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
On another note, has my first code today and got ROSC. Not sure how the neurologic outcome will be.

I think it is two things: I am not getting along with my co-workers and I have to drive 100% of the time (usually code 3) in a county I don't know. EMTs do not attend to patients in this 911 system. I am not a good fit here.
Time to move! :)

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Today, I'm thankful for a day off and a free Starbucks. :D

That's it, I blame the forum for my accident!! :)

I think I need to create a release form for the site. (adds this to my task list)

0.1. Scene and destination were the same addresses ha. Pickup location "ED ambulance bay."

Literally lol'd at this.

You get more job offers than anyone I know.

especially considering he only stays at jobs a couple weeks or months. id see that as a red flag but....

I'm kind of the same way. Looking at my resume you'd think, "He doesn't stay in one place very long." Then you look at what I did in that short time and think, "Holy ****! He got stuff done there!"

Maybe that is why I feel like no one sees me. Everyone just has me on ignore!

I see you!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Time to vent....

For those that don't know, I'm getting married in 40 days. I got engaged on Dec. 31, 2013. We started planning early, booking our venue by February, DJ and officiant around April, and have been taking care of the rest over the past year. Everyone we've talked to have been impressed about how early we got stuff done.

Last week it paid off. The owner's of the condo we rent stopped by (actually the landlord did, but whatever) and notified us that they are not renewing the lease. Instead, they are going to sell the unit. So in the next 80-ish days, I have to have my bachelor party, rehearsal, wedding, honeymoon, find a place to live, pack and move.

I'm thankful that we weren't procrastinators.

Anjel

Forum Angel
That sounds like not a lot of fun Chimpie.

I was in Cardiology during Medic when I had my wedding. And that was enough. Lol

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I will say that I'll have a very interesting wedding. Attendants will include:
2 RNs
1 Medic
1 Medic instructor, former SWAT
1 Sheriff Deputy (K9)
1 Former Deputy
1 Emergency Management Officer

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
I will say that I'll have a very interesting wedding. Attendants will include:
2 RNs
1 Medic
1 Medic instructor, former SWAT
1 Sheriff Deputy (K9)
1 Former Deputy
1 Emergency Management Officer
I hope you plan on hanging a curtain up or somehow or other keeping the debouchery from your other guests.