the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
59993667.jpg

State EMT card - check
AHA CPR card - check
NREMT - check
Got my "new" NREMT card today, finally done with renewing everything!

Angel

Paramedic
What did I say? 6 months?

i was just about to say that!!?
oh rocket...
if youre in training just do it their way, and when youre done...do it your way. if thats the only thing wrong with this company....youre doing good

@Aprz, can you stick it out a bit and transfer to another "base"? or upgrade to medic? youre done interning right?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
My preceptor is also an alternate supervisor and field training officer. When he is a being a supervisor or they hire new paramedics, I get bumped. I have been doing my internship for over six months, but only have 494 hours. I'm back on this Monday and hope to finish at the end of this month without interruption.

Damn you daylight saving time for having to move the hour hand forward. I really could have used an extra hour of sleep today.

JosephDurham

Forum Crew Member
After the ladder maze decided to go to my sons tournament basketball game. Game started at 2030. They were running late and the game was an hour away. Ended up getting home at 0012. Really could use another hr of sleep!

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh, and "we don't stop at intersections when we roll code here".

Looking very strongly at Neighboring EMS dpeartment. A 3k/yr pay cut is better than complacency.

Time to be a garbage man like you wanted. Hopefully they freakin stop at every trash can without rolling through one, or it would be time to look for greener grass across town.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Time to be a garbage man like you wanted. Hopefully they freakin stop at every trash can without rolling through one, or it would be time to look for greener grass across town.
Dude, shut up. You're an EMT at a system that prides itself on limitations and can't conceive of a world beyond the county line.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Dude, shut up. You're an EMT at a system that prides itself on limitations and can't conceive of a world beyond the county line.

Aww rocket stop you're hurting my little EMT feelings! I knew I should of went to paramedic school so I wouldnt have to suffer such lashings.

Reactions: 9D4

Angel

Paramedic
@RocketMedic , say what you want, at least chewy has found a job he likes. You seem to be unhappy anywhere you go, even over the smallest things.
Why not try something different? Aren't you running out of options at this point?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Today was a better day at work. I was at 0% energy yesterday, lol.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
@RocketMedic, they don't bring anything other than a BLS jump bag into the house at my new service.

I just shrugged my shoulders, cleared my FTO period and told my partner, "ok, so I bring in everything. You don't have to, but when it's my call, that's how we roll".

There was some grumbling, but now, the monitor, airway and first in bag all come in. Be the change you want to see.

RocketMedic

@RocketMedic, they don't bring anything other than a BLS jump bag into the house at my new service.

I just shrugged my shoulders, cleared my FTO period and told my partner, "ok, so I bring in everything. You don't have to, but when it's my call, that's how we roll".

There was some grumbling, but now, the monitor, airway and first in bag all come in. Be the change you want to see.

Tried it, got chewed out for it. Life is too short to argue. Urge to care 0%. Better offer accepted.

RocketMedic

Sanitation isn't asking for a Cavalier to broadside them by driving like Speed.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Tried it, got chewed out for it. Life is too short to argue. Urge to care 0%. Better offer accepted.

You get more job offers than anyone I know.

Angel

Paramedic
especially considering he only stays at jobs a couple weeks or months. id see that as a red flag but....

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Wish there were more medic schools around Austin, the only one besides the community college makes you take a 7 month AEMT course before attending the paramedic course...give me a break. Makes the decision of taking regular classes easier though.

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
But...but...but...I thought you found your unicorn job...
I fired up the Internet and kept looking. And I found a unicorn- a municipal, single-role ALS paramedic service that pays more than $14,000 a year more than AMR for less times worked and has better everything. I found a lot better than Acadian too- and more importantly, I was able to get hired. I turned in my two-week's notice and will be starting soon with my new employer, and I'm doing it with a song in my heart and a smile on my face.

Angel

Paramedic
Wish there were more medic schools around Austin, the only one besides the community college makes you take a 7 month AEMT course before attending the paramedic course...give me a break. Makes the decision of taking regular classes easier though.

werent you going for PA?