the 100% directionless thread

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
But we should never withhold oxygen from a patient?!?!
Maybe the person who first said that meant never reduce their FiO2 from 0.21 to 0.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
You guys grabbed my interest, now I am curious as to the initial poster of that thread.

Just wait a couple of days and there will be another post with another treatment that wasn't indicated...

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Somehow, I'm just glad I never saw that thread...

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
So I just spent the evening in the ED with my son after he managed to acquaint his face with a pole while playing football with some friends. Simple lac above the left orbit and a little dermabond fixed it, but it definitely needed more the steri-strips...and lets face it, I am no expert when it comes to lacs once I get past bleeding control :ph34r:.

I learned three things.

1. My son remembered what direct pressure was and prevented excessive bleeding. I'm proud.

2. I prefer to be on the other side of things.

3. Rancho Springs Medical Center has a gorgeous PA that reminds me of a female "Dr. House."

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
That thread made me die a little inside.

I'm just going to keep going at it, just this once. I have nothing to lose posting there and nothing makes me angrier than people who are blatantly wrong respond with "he asked for constructive criticism, don't be so mean!!!!! :("

News flash: if can't provide evidence beyond "I do it because I think it works," you're wrong and that's the end of it.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I'm just going to keep going at it, just this once. I have nothing to lose posting there and nothing makes me angrier than people who are blatantly wrong respond with "he asked for constructive criticism, don't be so mean!!!!! :("

News flash: if can't provide evidence beyond "I do it because I think it works," you're wrong and that's the end of it.

Most of the comments are facepalm. Then there are a couple of comments that provide me with hope for EMS improvement.... And then those hopes are destroyed with more comments.

"if nothing else the NRB is a germ barrier" was the ultimate fail that I read.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Most of the comments are facepalm. Then there are a couple of comments that provide me with hope for EMS improvement.... And then those hopes are destroyed with more comments.

"if nothing else the NRB is a germ barrier" was the ultimate fail that I read.

I wish I knew what thread we were talking about :unsure:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Reading about Crew Resource Management.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Doing some light studying today... 3 days till the FP-C exam! :)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
FP-C is the spring project for me. Good luck. Everyone says it's tough...

That's what I hear too... but I just finished 3 pre tests from FlightBridge ED (last one was a 90%) that are supposed to be very similar to the FP-C, did the ACE SAT book and videos, and took Creighton University's CCP program... I think I'm as ready as I can be lol. I'm gonna do some practice tests of out Back to Basics the next couple days while I'm at work...

I work basically from now until Tuesday morning and my test is Tuesday at 1330.

Good luck!

Thanks! :)

Anjel

Forum Angel
Just played in our company powderpuff football game!

We won 49 to 7. Flag football definitely turned into full contact. Girls are brutal.

Epi-do

I see dead people
My 10 year old went deer hunting for the second time ever, and got his first deer. She was the biggest deer gotten over the weekend. He is sooo excited!

JPINFV

Gadfly
So if the ambulance is a gut bucket... does that make the fire engine a big red clown car?

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Well. Sitting next to Donald Sutherland at a pool. This is kinda strange.