the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I may be the biggest white cloud for miles in every direction, but my partner collects double fatality MVAs like they're going out of style.

Be careful what you wish for.

Anjel, that looks like AF to me but like Aprz said, it's a very short strip.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjel

Forum Angel
Be careful what you wish for.

Anjel, that looks like AF to me but like Aprz said, it's a very short strip.

Ya I wish I would of grabbed a longer one. The ER took our 12 lead.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Just got kicked off of Aggressive Medics on FB for disagreeing with them lol. Stupidity wins!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Just got kicked off of Aggressive Medics on FB for disagreeing with them lol. Stupidity wins!

I got a bunch of :censored::censored::censored::censored: from the EMT/Paramedic guys for saying people were dumb for transporting a ugly looking ankle injury with stable vitals and cms intact code 3. They got deleted real quickly.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
A longer one would be nice, but I'd actually be comfortable calling that atrial fibrillation, especially if there are no discernable p-waves in any of the leads. It's irregularly irregular without any discernable p-wave.

I trust you already know all of this, I'm just posting this for everyone. Sinus arrhythmia has pattern where it speeds up when the patient inhales and slows down when they exhale (cause of the Bainbridge reflex, I just learned that from another post somewhere on here). I don't see this slowing down or speeding up.

I know a lot of people like to be pro ECG interpretators and cover up/fold over what the monitor says, but I believe the monitor often sees things better than we do (eg the QTc, PRi, axis, etc.). I like to use the monitor values/interpretation if it makes sense. If it's irregularly irregular, you can't see any discernable p-waves in any lead, the monitor couldn't see any p-waves to calculate the PRi, there isn't a lot of artifacts, and it's conclusion was atrial fibrillation, I would trust it. :)

Also cause it was so fast earlier (not on the strip), 160 or something, I'd say atrial fibrillation is more likely.

Last edited by a moderator:

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I trust you already know all of this, I'm just posting this for everyone. Sinus arrhythmia has pattern where it speeds up when the patient inhales and slows down when they exhale (cause of the Bainbridge reflex, I just learned that from another post somewhere on here). I don't see this slowing down or speeding up.

It is not always an obvious rate change but can be a slight variation in R-R.

To me, it looks like Sinus Arrhythmia with baseline artifact vs A fib.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I used to walk to school, uphill both ways, in the snow.

Sounds like you're well practiced for your upcoming time in the spotlight then. I'll let you push the bariatric patient uphill both ways :p

I've watched 4 straight hours of Married With Children......I....can't get.....enough for some reason.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Haha, I used to watch that late at night on night shifts. Married with Children and Robot Chicken seemed to be the only non infomercial things on TV. Good times...

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Al!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Sounds like you're well practiced for your upcoming time in the spotlight then. I'll let you push the bariatric patient uphill both ways :p

Spotlight? Hahaha

Anjel

Forum Angel

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Hey, I'm just hoping someone has their picture taken and has to buy me ice cream. I will accept Mint Chocolate Chip with hot fudge and brownie bits, or you can send me cash if you're not local. See, I'm understanding and willing to work with people.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
My favorite is cookie dough ice cream.

Is there a picture of me working somewhere that I'm not aware of? I know of one of my unit with me in it while I'm staged for a report if a naked, bloody women wearing only socks running through the hills with a machete but you can't see me :p

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Nah, no pic I know of. This was just in reference to you saying you walked uphill both ways and me saying that perhaps you'd one day have a news article written about you pushing a patient to a hospital.

Also, I'd be a tad frustrated if someone found and took a picture of my unit as I was staging for a violent call. Kinda defeats the purpose. I laugh a little bit every time I hear someone air exactly where they're staged on the radio.

Them: "Engine 5 staged on the southwest corner of Elm and Orchard"

Me: "252 staged not there"

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Nah, no pic I know of. This was just in reference to you saying you walked uphill both ways and me saying that perhaps you'd one day have a news article written about you pushing a patient to a hospital.

Also, I'd be a tad frustrated if someone found and took a picture of my unit as I was staging for a violent call. Kinda defeats the purpose. I laugh a little bit every time I hear someone air exactly where they're staged on the radio.

Them: "Engine 5 staged on the southwest corner of Elm and Orchard"

Me: "252 staged not there"

What's wrong with that? If you need cover simply yell need cover over the radio and they already have your location. Chances are they're not listening to your frequency thinking, "LETS GO STABBA STABBA DA MEDICS".