the 100% directionless thread

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I do agree with you however our units are tracked via GPS that's very accurate. Sometimes it fails but the vast majority of the time it works well.

I learned today how difficult it is to try and explain where you are (we had moved a bit from the unit) while you're out of breath and restraining a guy twice your size that was just trying to kill us.

Usually we try to give dispatch updated locations of our patients location or where we will be at in case of things like that. Hindsight is always 20/20 though eh? Glad you got out safe. Do we need to page DT4EMS again?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
So after 20 years of EMS/ER and being picked up by San Mateo AMR and working the streets for a couple months I accepted a FT Operations Field Supervisor position last month. Wow, so much goes on in the background of a EMS system and maintaining a system staus plan! I always thought my progression would have been FR, EMT, MICP, PA/RN, never in my plans did FT management have a place. Though I have to say being out of my realm and having to learn something other then higher levels of medicine has been a great and mentally rewarding challenge so far!
I have three friends that were recently hired there. I regret not applying there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Usually we try to give dispatch updated locations of our patients location or where we will be at in case of things like that. Hindsight is always 20/20 though eh? Glad you got out safe. Do we need to page DT4EMS again?

Thank you sir. Hindsight is definitely 20/20, there are a couple things I would have done differently if I could go back but I can't so I'm not going to dwell on it. Just learn a valuable lesson and move on.

I've talked with DT4EMS a while back, might have to message him again!

My HS football coach would have been proud of this tackle though. Still got those free safety skills ;)

Anjel

Forum Angel
I learned today how difficult it is to try and explain where you are (we had moved a bit from the unit) while you're out of breath and restraining a guy twice your size that was just trying to kill us.

Twice your size? So he was like 200lb? :p

I am REALLY glad you are ok. It's never a fun situation to be in. My old partner quit EMS after being attacked by a patient and she hasn't been the same since.

JPINFV

Gadfly
So California's monument to Dolly Parton is closing. :-(

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
My Army Reserve unit is giving us a Tactical Combat Casualty Care class this weekend. High speed stuff, flew in trainers, 4 days long, I'm f***ing loving it! I know stateside civilian ambulance and TCCC can be very different places, but my confidence is shooting through the roof, especially since I'm hoping to test with a 911 company next week or so after working IFT only :D

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Thank you sir. Hindsight is definitely 20/20, there are a couple things I would have done differently if I could go back but I can't so I'm not going to dwell on it. Just learn a valuable lesson and move on.

I've talked with DT4EMS a while back, might have to message him again!

My HS football coach would have been proud of this tackle though. Still got those free safety skills ;)

What would you have done differently if you don't mind me asking?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Great, another school shooting. This time at a CA college.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Great, another school shooting. This time at a CA college.

It seems like the fact that it occurred on a college campus is nothing more than coincidence. From what I heard on the news, it sounds like it started down the street at a house fire where 2 people were found dead. It's like complaining about "another house shooting."

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
It seems like the fact that it occurred on a college campus is nothing more than coincidence. From what I heard on the news, it sounds like it started down the street at a house fire where 2 people were found dead. It's like complaining about "another house shooting."
I'm just mad that happened on Earth. Seems like nothing ever happens on Mars. :glare:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

From what I've been hearing it started at the house. The gun man then carjacked a lady and went to the college.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Mmm flexeril....

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
What would you have done differently if you don't mind me asking?

Let him stumble away and let PD deal with it. He could barely walk though and i knew we'd be back in 10 minutes if I just let him stumble off so we followed him at a distance to give a good direction of travel and he was waiting for us, hiding just around the corner looking for a fight.

Wouldn't have told him he gets to ride in a squad car to jail rather than with me in the ambulance.

Would've given our location prior to going around the building.

Americare is getting no love in regards to all this Santa Monica stuff......

JPINFV

Gadfly
I have my first stitches.
SNITCHES-GET-STITCHES.jpg