the 100% directionless thread

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Let the second 7 day vacation in the last 2 weeks begin!!!! as soon as the plane gets here.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
4 hours in, 4 traffic accidents and an anxiety pt...it's gonna be one of those OT days...

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
We had a four-person crew last night when an orientee and her FTO jumped in to drive. Easy day, but shes a horrible "volunteers are the backbone of America" EMT who has chugged way too much BLS Kool-Aid and cares way, way too much. Glad my normal partner doesnt suck. Her FTO was asking for Motrin by the end of the shift, stuck up front with her.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Leaving for Houston tomorrow night for work. If anyone is job hunting in the South Houston/Pearland area drop me a line.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I absolutely hate the training sites for work that are mandatory. They only run properly if you are using Internet Explorer. Hardly anyone uses IE anymore.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Leaving for Houston tomorrow night for work. If anyone is job hunting in the South Houston/Pearland area drop me a line.

Our mutual friend is going to be in college station this week. Is that in range? Pm me if you're interested in contact info. A lot of people from that department are going down for a class. Plenty of evening recreation time available.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I absolutely hate the training sites for work that are mandatory. They only run properly if you are using Internet Explorer. Hardly anyone uses IE anymore.

I just did it while I was working haha. We were super slow yesterday and did it on the MDT.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I just did it while I was working haha. We were super slow yesterday and did it on the MDT.

I tried on my Macbook using safari and google chrome with no luck. Gonna have to try on the family computer

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
That awesome moment when an EMT at a different ambulance company starts asking you how to get hired at your company

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
OT shift from hell is finally over. Didnt have a single ALS patient. All RMAs and AMAs from MVAs...sooooo boring and soooo much ppw. Lucky for my partner I'm not the *** of a medic that makes their partner write anything and everything that's not ALS.

Anjel

Forum Angel
OT shift from hell is finally over. Didnt have a single ALS patient. All RMAs and AMAs from MVAs...sooooo boring and soooo much ppw. Lucky for my partner I'm not the *** of a medic that makes their partner write anything and everything that's not ALS.

You're just the *** of a medic who yells at their poor new partner.

JPINFV

Gadfly
[insert popcorn gif here]

Stupid Uworld... blocking my clipboard.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
ese9anur.jpg

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
You're just the *** of a medic who yells at their poor new partner.

She deserved it.

It wasn't yelling either, more of a "alright you're not listening and this patient is about to code so I'm not going to ask you to do things anymore I'm going to tell you." :p

My bid changed too, my new partner is an FTO for Intermediates. The partner I worked with today was the first guy I worked with for a full bid as a medic and is a bad *** I.

Anjel

Forum Angel

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
My partner got my first eyebrow raise last night- "are you sure"? I do like a healthy amount of skepticism, but when she asked twice if a pressure of 130/90 could take a fifth NTG for chest pain with prior relief and morphine aboard, I was like "Yes. Yes she can." (she did, quite well, and chest pain mostly resolved). I'm not mad though- her heart was in the right place, and we were able to use it as a teaching moment. She also did not disagree with my use of a scoop stretcher for an old-lady fall with nonspecific back pain. The orientee we were taking along with us did, and her FTO and I both glared her into silence with a quickness. "But her C-spine..." DEATHGLARE! No backboard is needed here.

Seriously, that woman...all that volunteer spirit and overhelpful moxie that I could stand. "But it might hurt!" is no reason not to appropriately dress a sweet arterial hand wound (especially when I ALS in fentanyl alongside) after an ER's well-intentioned but ineffective hand dressing (the RN that did it just loose-wrapped Kerlex and death-gripped her hand for 45 minutes bc she was cute. Awkward. Combat gauze and Army wrapping fixed that problem fast lol). Bad driving, bad parking, bad at assessing BLS. Needs work.

I'm really, really glad my partner is worlds better than that orientee. Still need to teach her to buckle in every time in the back, and she likes flirting with a few of the young fire guys, so it's hard to cancel fire sometimes.

Also, I somehow managed to correctly diagnose a rather decent fracture of the humoral head from a hands-on assessment of an old-lady fall at home, medicated and moved her to the cot and correctly identified it as a fracture to Southwest. Got kudos for that one from the head ER MD there- "you gave her fentanyl, which makes her happy, which makes me happy. Good job".

Anjel

Forum Angel
In exactly 4 weeks from today.... I shall have finished paramedic school.

Oy Vey!

Epi-do

I see dead people
It's been quite the shift. First patient had a dissecting aortic aneurysm. Patient number 2 went into respiratory failure due to double pneumonia. We topped it all off with a cardiac arrest. I will be glad to get out of here in a few minutes!