the 100% directionless thread

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I see. Well, perhaps it gets better from here?

Things were better today but my initial impression was awful. They're giving me a decent schedule which means a lot though.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
HFD LODD service

Taking part in LODD service for HFD. Our group has 70 trucks in it and I think there are 5 staging areas.

I know it's a terrible photo I'll try to post some clearer ones later.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 216
Last edited by a moderator:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Taking part in LODD service for HFD. Our group has 70 trucks in it and I think there are 5 staging areas.

I know it's a terrible photo I'll try to post some clearer ones later.

I wanted to come up and help fill stations for today, but today is my normal shift and couldn't find anyone to work :( (everyone not working was already going up there)

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
So after many people have suggested I go back to school for CNA, I'm finally filling out an application for a local program. I just have one question for you folk. Are CNAs as nasty to EMTs as RNs are to paramedics?

Today is the anniversary of the day America took itself off of the gold standard. How's that working out for ya? Oh Federal Reserve, you sly devil you.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I may be the biggest white cloud for miles in every direction, but my partner collects double fatality MVAs like they're going out of style.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Crazy electrocution call today.

Guy was on a scissor lift and hit his head on some power lines. 440volts through the top of his head and out both palms. Partial thickness burns to the head, neck, and face. Full thickness burns on the palms.

Guy was alert when we arrived. Vitals all good. Sinus arrhythmia/ Afib(arguing still on the rhythm) on the monitor.
He was RSId in the ER and placed in a vent.

15 min after we cleared the ER we got called back to take him to Detroit on a vent with a propofol drip. He got 8l of NS in 2 hours. 20ml/hr of the prop. 12ml of dilaudid, and we gave 10 of morphine on the way down. The guy still woke up on the way there and started fighting us. So he got a little propofol bolus.

Poor guy. I really don't think he will make it.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I may be the biggest white cloud for miles in every direction, but my partner collects double fatality MVAs like they're going out of style.

Oh, your time will come. :). And you'll wish your cloud was still fluffy and white.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I just had the pleasure of pulling a pink dildo out of the pocket of a cholo overdosed on heroine

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Last heroin OD I had to pull a revolver out of the large lady's bra. Pulled out some nasty crack pipes, and then saw a little wooden handle hanging there and pulled that out too. It managed to shock me a little bit, even for beautiful Commerce City Colorado.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
This day can end anytime and id be fine with it.

I like being busy. I don't like running a UHU above 1.0.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I just had the pleasure of pulling a pink dildo out of the pocket of a cholo overdosed on heroine

You probably took it back to the station with you! :lol:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Sinus arrhythmia/ Afib(arguing still on the rhythm) on the monitor.
Sounds like your medic should've printed a longer strip and/or done a 12-lead to determine the rhythm. :(

Anjel

Forum Angel
Sounds like your medic should've printed a longer strip and/or done a 12-lead to determine the rhythm. :(

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21370499820.478444.jpg

That's all I got. No P waves. Irregular. 12 lead was looking Afib. And read Afib with RVR at a rate of 160.

At the time of this strip his rate was in the 90s but he was sedated and everything.

Doc said sinus arrhythmia but the general consensus is Afib.