the 100% directionless thread

I come to this site and want to scream at someone in capital letters and tell them how stupid they are and how no one likes them. But that wouldn't be nice so I will refrain.

I come to this site and want to scream at someone in capital letters and tell them how stupid they are and how no one likes them. But that wouldn't be nice so I will refrain.

Oh my goodness, what did I do? :P

Well, my house mate kicked my bum at pool and it was quite embarrassing, I've made my lunch for tomorrow and cleaned up so I think I shall go to bed soon.

Oh my goodness, what did I do? :P

Cat fight!
flying-cat-fight.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, he was too.

:beerchug:

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, I'm joking every time.

I just got a call from HR and officially accepted a Graduate Nurse position on an Advanced Cardiac Care unit! Now I just have to pass this final, graduate, and then pass NCLEX.

I just got a call from HR and officially accepted a Graduate Nurse position on an Advanced Cardiac Care unit! Now I just have to pass this final, graduate, and then pass NCLEX.

Nice dude! Congratulations!

:sad::sad::sad:
You need to hear one of Achilles's classic jokes.

Last night I was having nightmares about whether or not I wanted to be a lathe operator or a salad chef, I was tossing and turning all night!

Well done! Did you mention that you're a premium member? They might be willing to wave the requirement :)

Interesting call this weekend.
Right next door to the station.
Per protocol, I had to fire the rig up and drive 50 feet.:blink:

Interesting call this weekend.
Right next door to the station.
Per protocol, I had to fire the rig up and drive 50 feet.:blink:

I remember hearing of a house catching fire across the street from the fire station, they drove the fire truck across the street and parked it there apparently it was better than stretching fire hose across the street, and there was hydrant they could hook the truck up to. Apparently a pumping appliance does not carry a lot of water, I do not know exactly how much, but apparently not enough to fight a house fire. I know a pump, pump/rescue and aerial platform all carry the same amount because they are built on the same design; I might see if I can find out how much they carry.

I remember hearing of a house catching fire across the street from the fire station, they drove the fire truck across the street and parked it there apparently it was better than stretching fire hose across the street, and there was hydrant they could hook the truck up to. Apparently a pumping appliance does not carry a lot of water, I do not know exactly how much, but apparently not enough to fight a house fire. I know a pump, pump/rescue and aerial platform all carry the same amount because they are built on the same design; I might see if I can find out how much they carry.

My old station pumper carried 500 gallons of water. Flowing water thru a 2 1/2 or 1 3/4 inch hose at 90 gallons per minute empties the tank really quick (we would also have more then one line out).

My engine carries 500 gallons and pumps at 1500+ gpm. It'll empty the tank through the deck gun in about 15-20 seconds.

I just had a patient that was in pain. I mean, serious pain. I gave him 200mcg of Fent and it didn't touch it. I had to call to ask for orders for more... And got denied.

I've never been denied pain management orders before. I asked the doc why when I arrived at the ED and he said, "well, 200 is a lot."

Really? Not for everyone. I wasn't trying to snow the guy... I just wanted to get him comfortable.

"Nope."

That's it. I'm pretty sure he never even listened when I told him I needed more cuz the guy was huge and in pain.

"Nope. Just transport. See you in 15 minutes".

I'm a little frustrated. It's hard to be a patient advocate when the docs aren't on board.

Do y'all have a specific doc (or group of docs) that you call for med control, or is it the on call physician at the hospital?

Glad I'm allowed to titrate to pain relief or I run out which aint likely as much as we carry on the ambulance.

We call the doc at the receiving hospital.

I have 200 of fent on standing orders, and its rare that I need more... But if I need it, I need it.

Back