the 100% directionless thread

I am starting to get very frustrated trying to type this on my phone. Epinephrine causes the coronary arteries to dilate. That's what I meant when I said vasodilation. I am specifically talking about the coronary arteries.

Whenever I take a break from studying for my final I will try to write up a detailed post about it. IRRC Epi does not directly cause vasodilation of the coronary arteries but rather it occurs as a secondary reflex to the increase myocardial oxygen demand. But Epi activates alpha 2 receptors which does directly cause coronary artery constriction however I think it is usually outweighed by beta 2 stimulation. Vasospasm is usually caused by a deficiency of Nitric Oxide so I am assuming there is a pathway/cascade that explains why it happens. Or something like that, I am just confusing myself.

Whenever I take a break from studying for my final I will try to write up a detailed post about it. IRRC Epi does not directly cause vasodilation of the coronary arteries but rather it occurs as a secondary reflex to the increase myocardial oxygen demand. But Epi activates alpha 2 receptors which does directly cause coronary artery constriction however I think it is usually outweighed by beta 2 stimulation. Vasospasm is usually caused by a deficiency of Nitric Oxide so I am assuming there is a pathway/cascade that explains why it happens. Or something like that, I am just confusing myself.
Thanks.

Mechanism of Action: Epinephrine has complex target organ effects. It is a potent agonist at both alpha- and beta- receptors throughout the body except for the sweat glands and facial arteries. Epinephrine is a nonselective adrenergic agonist; it stimulates alpha1-, alpha2-, beta1-, and beta2-adrenergic receptors, although the degree of stimulation at these receptors may vary depending on the dose administered (i.e., the circulating concentration of epinephrine at the receptor).

Courtesy of Nurse-Anesthesia.org
http://www.nurse-anesthesia.org/showthread.php/1881-Epinephrine

**edited to meet copyright/fair use policy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't seem to find my mod button to lock this thread since people have failed to heed repeated warnings to get back off topic by multiple people.

It's the little red triangle...

There it is darn how did I miss it. Good thing you showed up my friend.

I've been laying low for a while to give our new CL's room to do their thang.:ph34r:

Seems someone has missed the point of the need to get back off topic.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but medic417 has a point.

This is the 100% Directionless Thread, and as such needs to stay off topic. Posting informative medical discussions in this thread will cause them to get lost in the background noise, and they really deserve their own thread.

So please, for what remains of medic417's sanity, let's get back off topic.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but medic417 has a point.

This is the 100% Directionless Thread, and as such needs to stay off topic. Posting informative medical discussions in this thread will cause them to get lost in the background noise, and they really deserve their own thread.

So please, for what remains of medic417's sanity, let's get back off topic.

:o
:blink:

That has to be a first having any mod but especially ff agreeing with me.
:rofl:

7:11 PM on December 9, 2012. A date which will live in infamy. ffemt8978 agrees with medic417.

7:11 PM on December 9, 2012. A date which will live in infamy. ffemt8978 agrees with medic417.

So the Mayan's were off by 12 days....:P

I could not let it pass w/o keeping it for all to see forever.

So how did you make it quote the right way?

I did a quote response to his post, copied the full text, and then inserted that into your signature.

I did a quote response to his post, copied the full text, and then inserted that into your signature.

That makes sense. Thanks.

So you two have been on the same topic for a whole page.
Warnings for both :cool:

Back