the 100% directionless thread

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Thanks TLC Ambulance crew at Rancho Muretta!

I failed to get your name, crewchief, but you and your folks kept it from becoming a real Little Bighorn.

Achilles

Forum Moron
[YOUTUBE]ZSBq8geuJk0[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Why do I get the strange feeling that Rebecca Black is going to reappear in this thread the day after Thanksgiving....:wacko:

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Everything has been in pairs tonight. Back to back assaults. Back to back sob calls, back to back codes, and finally back to back mvc's ....... Fun night.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Why is new car shopping always such an awful experience? Is it just me or is literally every car salesman a lying crook?
I've heard good things about CarsDirect.com and TrueCar.com. It's time I get a new car but I don't like feeling ripped off.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
What about compromising the airway?

look up the anatomy and the shape of the structures.

If things get reall unbearable you can always cut the isthmus of the thyroid.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Why do I get the strange feeling that Rebecca Black is going to reappear in this thread the day after Thanksgiving....:wacko:

Thankfully, Kohls isn't using that song in their "Black Friday" campaign this year.

The best Thanksgiving Song:
[YOUTUBE]-z27FKwupds[/YOUTUBE]

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Another early morning riding backwards in a fire engine. This one for traffic control.

FD equivalent of, what? Transporting the little old lady from the SNF because the staff "can't handle" her?

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
POLLS CLOSE FRIDAY!​

If you have not voted, go do so! Don't wait till the last minute, it won't help you any!

Click on the red link in my signature to be redirected to the polls.​

All voters will receive a complimentary subscription to the emtlife newsletter!​

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
My legs are jelly. That is all.

medic417

The Truth Provider

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
My legs are jelly. That is all.

What kind? Grape? Petroleum?

Does anyone else have a desire to have some toast right now?

VFlutter

Flight Nurse

Eh biased much?

So an inspector came to check to make sure the tent was properly secured and safe and the Firefighter told him to take a hike? That's helpful. Just recently here in St. Louis a large tent such as that collapsed in the wind killing/injuring numerous people. They then come back asking about basic food handling techniques and are again met with arrogant smart *** answers.

I totally understand that it is a disaster and people do what they have to but it sounds like the inspector was just making sure it was done the safest way possible. I bet things would have gone over a lot better if the FF would have been more cooperative and less of a jackass. I bet the only reason they actually issued violations was the attitude.

What if the tent collapsed? What if the hundreds of people they served got food poisoning? How would that help the situation? I see nothing wrong with the inspector simply asking questions and pushing to make sure the food is properly cooked and served.

Edit: Quote from the Health Department "Inspectors will only be advising people in storm-affected areas on how they can better serve food without spreading food-borne illnesses.”

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Eh biased much?

So an inspector came to check to make sure the tent was properly secured and safe and the Firefighter told him to take a hike? That's helpful. Just recently here in St. Louis a large tent such as that collapsed in the wind killing/injuring numerous people. They then come back asking about basic food handling techniques and are again met with arrogant smart *** answers.

I totally understand that it is a disaster and people do what they have to but it sounds like the inspector was just making sure it was done the safest way possible. I bet things would have gone over a lot better if the FF would have been more cooperative and less of a jackass. I bet the only reason they actually issued violations was the attitude.

What if the tent collapsed? What if the hundreds of people they served got food poisoning? How would that help the situation? I see nothing wrong with the inspector simply asking questions and pushing to make sure the food is properly cooked and served.

Edit: Quote from the Health Department "Inspectors will only be advising people in storm-affected areas on how they can better serve food without spreading food-borne illnesses.”

Non-NYC folk just don't understand...

Dictator Bloomberg actually proposed a bill BANNING the sale of any non-diet beverage over 16oz.

JDub

Forum Lieutenant
I am thinking about starting to train in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, but I am kinda nervous that I might injure myself and then be unable to work (which is bad when you have no other source of income). Does anyone here practice any martial arts?

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
Eh biased much?

There's a difference between providing advice/guidance and issuing violations backed up by the threat of fines. Same goes for the person inspecting the poles.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Not yet. I'm going to stay Krav Maga though and I've wondered the same thing, so I'm interested to see what some replies are.