the 100% directionless thread

I wish Aprz would respond and give us the diagnosis already :P

I am still going with Subendocardial / Non Q wave MI.
I wish I could tell you, but I haven't gotten the answer yet either.

I know you had interest in going NP so just remember that they heavily weigh science grades, especially for ACNP/CRNA. Getting a C may really cripple your application (Honestly, being an online class looks even worse).

Which is why I heavily prefer to get a better grade.

Gonna just have to study for a while...

I love how me pointing out that being given a Livescan appointment in the middle of the day between two night shifts with less than 48 hours notice is a huge issue is me being "discourteous," but the rotations coordinator scheduling a Livescan appointment with less than 48 hours notice (it was supposed to be tomorrow and I got the email at 4:30 yesterday) is supposed to be completely appropriate. Dear admin staff, do your job correctly next time instead of waiting, yet again, to the last minute.

Working the Baylor basketball game tonight. God I love cheerleaders...

What was your interpretation?
In my opinion, I am one of those people who has a little bit of extra knowledge that makes them dangerous. When I interpreted this, I thought my interpretation of this was crazy and probably wrong, but at least I explained my rationale for everything. This is what I replied on Facebook.

Rate: 94-100. The complexes seem to be either 3 big boxes away, some look almost like they are 1/2-1 small box away.

Rhythm: Regular. P-wave present, PRi does look like it's 0.20 in lead II, I think I read somewhere that technically it is suppose to be 0.19 or less, but I personally wouldn't call this AVB 1 degree. The P-waves are associated with each complex, the complexes are about 0.08 ms. I'd call this normal sinus rhythm.

Axis: Lead I is positive, aVF is small (smaller than III) and biphasic, I think the QRS axis is 0 degree.

Hypertrophy/Enlargement: P-mitral in lead II so left atrial enlargement, I don't se p-pumonale, and p-wave isn't biphasic in V1. Late R-wave progression (about V5), opposite of right ventricular hypertrophy. Lead I is about 6 mm, aVL is about 3 mm, avF is like 1 mm, none of the precordial leads look like they are 45 mm or greater, V1 is about 13 mm, V2 is about 11 mm, V5 is about 5 mm, V 6 is aout 6 mm so none of them would add up to 35 mm, so this does not meet the requirement of left ventricular hypertrophy.

ST/T changes: Using a piece of paper and aligning it with the TP segment, I noticed that it looks likes ST depression in the limb leads. Maybe 1/2 - 1 mm STE in V1. ST depression in V6. T-waves look symmetrical/pathological, especially in lead II and V4-V6.

I hate to sound crazy and I feel like I am calling this wrong, but maybe I am suppose to feel that way? Using what I've learned, I think there is some pericardial effusion going on because of the small amplitudes in the limb leads (the only one that doesn't meet the requirement is lead I which is 6 mm). Perhaps pericarditis because I believe I see some PRi depression in the limb leads also. I don't know what the deal is with the late R-wave transition in the precodial leads. I feel a little bit more comfortable from what I learned not calling this an MI because of the notch in lead I and II (most obvious in the 4th complex of lead II) and I calculated the QTc to be like 335 ms. The STE in V1 is isolated, the J-point on it doesn't look very clear, septal infarct by itself is rare, STD is pretty diffuse, and people usually mess up with precordial chest lead placement.
Edit: Below is the image so you can compare.

545536_488037521236567_318078672_n.jpg

Also I agree with you about it not being wolf parkinson white syndrome (WPW), the PRi isn't short like it would be in WPW so it's not going through the Kent's branch even though that does look like delta waves/slurred. Probably has more to do with the intrinsicoid period (or whatever it's called) being prolong for some reason in those leads.

Also I said 0.08 ms for the QRS complex, it's actually 0.08 s. I made another mistake somewhere else, but I don't see it right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
101497674.jpg

Low MPG means we need more gas. Get rid of prepubescent mosnter trucks and SUV's and get something appropriate....like a 1972 Toronado.
:lol:

The original:

Ride_with_hitler.jpg

Officially applied to TEMS.

Not going to lie, panel interview with all the PD and SO SWAT Commanders is rather intimidating, not to mention the agility test.

Pretty sure I have made a tragic mistake in going the excelsior online college route.

I just did my second practice test (2/2) for A&P 1/2 and it was literally one of the hardest tests I ever took.

I read the entire 1200 page textbook and study guides and only got a 68/100. (need minimum 70% on the real test)

The questions they ask are completely unrealistic for someone to remember in any desirable time frame. I guess I just have to study some more and hope I make that extra 2 points...

There goes $1600 if I take the real test and fail... I don't mind passing with a C but I preferred to get at least a B in sciences...

May as well just attend actual school...

If a smart guy like you fails I bet everyone really blows it. They'll curve it. No worries :)

They'll curve it. No worries :)

:rofl: Curving a test in nursing school now that is a funny joke :rofl:

He is taking an independent study online program so there is no way to curve it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Officially applied to TEMS.

Not going to lie, panel interview with all the PD and SO SWAT Commanders is rather intimidating, not to mention the agility test.

Please...no matter how hard an interview or test appears, you always seem to rock it bud, we all know it. :ph34r:

So I may wind up having to testify in court next week about an alleged murder call we ran 2 years ago.

Any tips or advice on what it's like? This is a first for me.

Pretty sure I have made a tragic mistake in going the excelsior online college route.

I just did my second practice test (2/2) for A&P 1/2 and it was literally one of the hardest tests I ever took.

I read the entire 1200 page textbook and study guides and only got a 68/100. (need minimum 70% on the real test)

The questions they ask are completely unrealistic for someone to remember in any desirable time frame. I guess I just have to study some more and hope I make that extra 2 points...

There goes $1600 if I take the real test and fail... I don't mind passing with a C but I preferred to get at least a B in sciences...

May as well just attend actual school...

Based on fellow medics that took excelsior most that almost passed the practices ended up with a B on real exam. Don't let the whiny cry babies convince you that you are getting a lesser education. Have met many quality nurses who went excelsior.

Back