the 100% directionless thread

Shinedown and Aaron Lewis on spotify? Sounds good to me! My partners singing on the other hand.....

I think that's kinda mean when people say something like "If you fail EMT/Paramedic school, you can work at McDonalds, Burger King, Home Dept, etc." I feel like they think higher of themselves compared to the people that work there. The people that work there can't be EMTs/Paramedics. It's attitude like that that I contribute to people being completely unreasonably disrespectful to employees there. I used to work at a fast food place, and customers were usually jerk offs there. I would get off my EMT shift with people thanking me for saving lives (I know we don't really do that often, and even better, I've only worked IFT-only companies/never done 911), and cover a shift at a fast food place where the customers would put me down, throw french fries cause it's funny, make fun of my voice, get mad because they came in 10 minutes after close and I was willing to take their order still, but it would have to be togo "What? I can't eat it here?" and then after I give them their order to go, try to eat it inside, and get mad when I'd tell them they can't eat inside, that I need to close. My boss wasn't the greatest, but he was all right, it was the customers that made it horrible to work fast food. I much rather take 5150s all night long than put up with the customers in fast food again.

^
Hospital environmental services (EVS) is possibly more important than anyone else. If the rooms don't get turned over, we can't see patients.

That just made my day!

Hahaha ya. The local BK just has the take a number thing. That gives you the online website. Haha

So that goes on the corner. Lol

I got my butt kicked by the ED doc today...literally, kicked me, on my butt, and I'm not really sure why.

Officially started my self learning, or further learning for that matter of A&P.

I thought about just going in and taking the test but it can't hurt to get a more than passing grade and actually learn something along the way.

Its funny how an actual A&P I class textbook is 1000 pages yet an entire medic textbook is not much bigger...

Last edited by a moderator:
Officially started my self learning, or further learning for that matter of A&P.

I thought about just going in and taking the test but it can't hurt to get a more than passing grade and actually learn something along the way.

Its funny how an actual A&P I class textbook is 1000 pages yet an entire medic textbook is not much bigger...

Scary huh? Then there's chem, bio, microbio, etc...it's all about motivation!

I'm really having trouble w/ IABP timing practice questions... anyone know any good online resources?

Scary huh? Then there's chem, bio, microbio, etc...it's all about motivation!

The pain in the *** is I have to basically learn the entire textbook myself, and take a 120 question test on it. Fail the test, lose $305. (I'm quite frugal so, i shall not fail)

My anatomy book alone is 1,082 pages, but to be honest, I've only read 180 pages of it. Veneficus recommended it to me a long time ago, Clinically Oriented Anatomy. One thing that bums me about it is that I want to remember all the fine details, but if I don't keep going over and over over it, I forget the fine details. Since it's been awhile since I've last read it and tested myself on it, I'd like to start from the beginning again.

For some reason when I am reading books, and I hope it's understandable, I like to switch books every hundred pages, or something. I've read some biology, some chemistry, some anatomy, some EKG books, but I haven't mastered any of them, and I always seem to forget most of what I've learned previously. The only cool thing is while I am reading the book, I feel like a pro at that subject while I am reading that particular subject e.g. I am reading The Art of Interpretation: 12-lead ECGs, and I feel like a boss at 12-leads (by the way, in the middle of level 2 right now on blocks), but I didn't read it for a couple of days, so I wasn't too sure about what bifascicular blocks looked like except I remembered it was a RBBB in V1 and V6, and LAFB or LPFB, but when I look at it, it doesn't look like a LAFB or LPFB, it just has a picture of what they look like in particular leads, and it's like "remember this", and I keep forgetting.

It all really sucks. Unless I stick with it for a long time, I am not gonna master it, but at the same time, it feels like forever before everything comes together.

Cool thing is I am pretty sure I still improve anyhow. Even though I forget most of it, I still remember some of it, and I think that little shows still.

I'm sitting here, getting ready to teach the afternoon skills portion of my EMT class, and I'm seriously considering changing "trauma assessment" to "how to find things and not hurt the patient more." :rofl:

Ooh don't worry we had 2 students inject their thumb with epipens (trainers luckily). So all the students got a brief lecture on why things are made firefighter proof and what that means. Also that if they don't know how use something read the directions...

Ooh don't worry we had 2 students inject their thumb with epipens (trainers luckily). So all the students got a brief lecture on why things are made firefighter proof and what that means. Also that if they don't know how use something read the directions...

I know of a few medics that did this..with real EpiPens. Tards.

I know of a few medics that did this..with real EpiPens. Tards.

Not to be a topper, but we had an Engineer inject his thumb with a (real) Duodote :rofl:

I feel bad that I've written one chart in the last three days and my partner has done everything else.

I try to take calls for him but he wont let me. Meh, I guess I was the same way. "I can't help you if you get buried, why should you help me?"

I guess I'll just keep offering...lol

I felt the same way when I had a BLS partner. It never failed, he'd get crushed with BLS runs on day, I'd get it with ALS the next.

It all works out in the end.

I don't know how people enjoy running.

7min mile, can barely breath after and have to keep going. Terrible feeling.

My anatomy book alone is 1,082 pages, but to be honest, I've only read 180 pages of it. Veneficus recommended it to me a long time ago, Clinically Oriented Anatomy. One thing that bums me about it is that I want to remember all the fine details, but if I don't keep going over and over over it, I forget the fine details. Since it's been awhile since I've last read it and tested myself on it, I'd like to start from the beginning again.

For some reason when I am reading books, and I hope it's understandable, I like to switch books every hundred pages, or something. I've read some biology, some chemistry, some anatomy, some EKG books, but I haven't mastered any of them, and I always seem to forget most of what I've learned previously. The only cool thing is while I am reading the book, I feel like a pro at that subject while I am reading that particular subject e.g. I am reading The Art of Interpretation: 12-lead ECGs, and I feel like a boss at 12-leads (by the way, in the middle of level 2 right now on blocks), but I didn't read it for a couple of days, so I wasn't too sure about what bifascicular blocks looked like except I remembered it was a RBBB in V1 and V6, and LAFB or LPFB, but when I look at it, it doesn't look like a LAFB or LPFB, it just has a picture of what they look like in particular leads, and it's like "remember this", and I keep forgetting.

It all really sucks. Unless I stick with it for a long time, I am not gonna master it, but at the same time, it feels like forever before everything comes together.

Cool thing is I am pretty sure I still improve anyhow. Even though I forget most of it, I still remember some of it, and I think that little shows still.

I read the first 2 chapters (70 pages) since last night. First chapter all redundancy of terminology but can't hurt. The second chapter gets overly complicated and is basically organic chemistry. Learned quite a bit already but I don't see the relevance in memorizing all of the protein structures and whatnot. Its just massively too much. Thats why we have people like Vene...

Back