the 100% directionless thread

Damn-it-feels-good-to-be-a-gansta_o_91135.jpg

Fixed for ya!

Dude that's how I felt lol.

All the other medics here constantly run stemis. I havnt run one in years. Till tonight.

And followed it up with an angioedema patient. Another first in a long time.

Dude that's how I felt lol.

All the other medics here constantly run stemis. I havnt run one in years. Till tonight.

And followed it up with an angioedema patient. Another first in a long time.

Nice! I got my first STEMI on my own the other night. Never seen angioedema before though.

We had a good, well bad for the patient, spinal injury tonight. Drunken bicyclist versus a 4 foot deep construction ditch...Still not sure how he missed all the signs and cones warning him about it. No motor function from the waste down and only flexion and extension in the upper extremities, couldn't squeeze his hands.

I need to fashion a reaching device so I can change the song on our unit's radio without constantly having to take my feet off the dash so I can lean forward and reach the button with my short *** arms...any ideas.

Then again I don't know if I'm coordinated enough to operate something that advanced....hah!

Nice! I got my first STEMI on my own the other night. Never seen angioedema before though.

We had a good, well bad for the patient, spinal injury tonight. Drunken bicyclist versus a 4 foot deep construction ditch...Still not sure how he missed all the signs and cones warning him about it. No motor function from the waste down and only flexion and extension in the upper extremities, couldn't squeeze his hands.

Reminds me of a patient years ago.

After Katrina during rebuilding, guy was working on a ceiling and fell about 5 ft off a ladder. He'd had a couple beers. Onscene couldn't move his legs and when we rolled him to check his back there was a palpable spinal deformity.

My partner and I couldn't believe it. IIRC diagnoses was sublaxation of T something and a nearly severed spinal cord.

Reminds me of a patient years ago.

After Katrina during rebuilding, guy was working on a ceiling and fell about 5 ft off a ladder. He'd had a couple beers. Onscene couldn't move his legs and when we rolled him to check his back there was a palpable spinal deformity.

My partner and I couldn't believe it. IIRC diagnoses was sublaxation of T something and a nearly severed spinal cord.

Yowsers that's no bueno. It's crazy how people can fall from even higher and get up and walk away yet some end up stuck in a chair for life.

Got to speak with the Trauma Doc just before my shift ended and it sounds like my guy is going to be a para, potentially a quad. Contusion in the C6-7 area paired with a previous injury at the same level that he failed to mention. Right now he can flex and extend his arms, no motor function in his hands or lower extremities though. Definitely unfortunate.

Stupid/Lazy people really annoy me... No transport tech I will not take my septic shock patient off his Norepi/ Dobutamine drips and saline lock him for the trip down to radiology. Sorry that you have to call for a second tech to walk with the pump but I think keeping my patient alive is worth the inconvenience.

Sitting around at my firefighter interview waiting to get called.

Bored out of my mind.

Standing by for a water rescue, waiting for the Coast Guard chopper to get here...so bored.

I'm sitting here, getting ready to teach the afternoon skills portion of my EMT class, and I'm seriously considering changing "trauma assessment" to "how to find things and not hurt the patient more." :rofl:

I just got an email stating I never restocked the rig Wednesday night.

Apparently they think I was working Wed night.
Well, I wasn't. I have half the Junior Football League that will attest that I was coaching my son's team at training Wed.
If I was working, I for sure wouldn't have forgotten to restock the 20 ga, 2 NS, 1 NRB and 3 nasals, 2x2, and IV tourniquets.

I am on tonight, my boss and mentor are on tonight as well....I'll see if we can get this straightened out.

I just got an email stating I never restocked the rig Wednesday night.

Apparently they think I was working Wed night.
Well, I wasn't. I have half the Junior Football League that will attest that I was coaching my son's team at training Wed.
If I was working, I for sure wouldn't have forgotten to restock the 20 ga, 2 NS, 1 NRB and 3 nasals, 2x2, and IV tourniquets.

I am on tonight, my boss and mentor are on tonight as well....I'll see if we can get this straightened out.

I would be so tempted to start out the conversation with "You were right! I didn't restock the rig on Wednesday."

I would be so tempted to start out the conversation with "You were right! I didn't restock the rig on Wednesday."

Seriously thinking I might just do that....:rofl:

Wow! Things are really blowing up around here. It all started with a FB account telling it like it is. Then there was a cartoon on youtube. Tonight, big stories on the local news about firetrucks being shut down in the city. Things are going to get very interesting, and the plan is to keep things in the news for as long as possible.

Really started to feel neglected. I just called five people and every single one ignored my phone call. How rude!

I was tempted to start handing out applications to McDonalds to my students today.

I was tempted to start handing out applications to McDonalds to my students today.

My teacher staples burger king applications to our tests that we fail.

Back