the 100% directionless thread

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Got stuck on BLS today. Extra personnel no ALS units open.

I shall follow my protocols to a tee and call ALS for everything.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
What a good doubie. If/when an ALS truck shows up for your patients, can you act as a medic?

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
6 chest pain admissions tonight. Just give them some Maalox and tell them to walk it off

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
What a good doubie. If/when an ALS truck shows up for your patients, can you act as a medic?

Yea. Still able to act as a medic but only if the tools are present.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
6 chest pain admissions tonight. Just give them some Maalox and tell them to walk it off

then tomorrow night you will have 5 chest pain patients...ah ah ah. :cool:

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Dang they found me a medic unit. -_-

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Update:

I can already tell my partner today is going to be an incompetent moron.

Just have that vibe aside from her looking like a wildabeast with a $5 pink stethoscope.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Ammonia inhalents in semiconsious ETOH PT's nose?

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
As I discovered the other day, ammonia inhalants are a very unpleasant and pretty cruel treatment on an unsuspecting patient.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
As I discovered the other day, ammonia inhalants are a very unpleasant and pretty cruel treatment on an unsuspecting patient.

Back when I was a student, I saw a PA pop one of them put it in an empty prefill.He then put it up to the nose of a pt faking seizures and syncopal episodes and gave the plunged a little push. I have never seen someone's eye go as big as that pts.

Last edited by a moderator:

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Back when I was a student, I saw a PA pop one of them put it in an empty prefill.He then put it up to the nose of a pt faking seizures and syncopal episodes and gave the plunged a little push. I have never seen someone's eye go as big as that pts.

Few days ago I found some and cracked one open about a foot from my nose and I thought my head exploded.

It is a terrible feeling.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Not if you want to keep your job...

I see it done in the ER all the time as a student. They pop it and put it in one of the nares. And leave it till the drunk wakes up.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I see it done in the ER all the time as a student. They pop it and put it in one of the nares. And leave it till the drunk wakes up.

And that is why we stopped carrying them years ago..Chemical burns to a patient's nares are a bad thing

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Dude that would be pretty kick ***. Amd dont forget Mr Ambulance Driver himself works for the green machine too. I'm still debating... but yea I've heard almost no bad things about them, and their crews that i dealt with when i deployed during Isaac were amazing to us

Mr Ambulance Driver?

Yea, I have heard pretty much all good. I actually did all my medic school ride alongs with them. They are pretty amazing. The one thing I don't like is their pain management. Nubain is the only pain med they carry. They have been talking about fentynal for years. But all the crews I worked with said they will believe it when the see it in the drug box.

That and no RSI inside city limits. But that is almost neither here nor there.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Mr Ambulance Driver?

Yea, I have heard pretty much all good. I actually did all my medic school ride alongs with them. They are pretty amazing. The one thing I don't like is their pain management. Nubain is the only pain med they carry. They have been talking about fentynal for years. But all the crews I worked with said they will believe it when the see it in the drug box.

Yep A Day in the Life of an Ambulance Driver works for The Borg, as he terms them.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Mr Ambulance Driver?

Nubain??

I believe they are using Versed and Fentanyl like the rest of us.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Post first call shift on surgery at a level 2 center. Yea!

2 notes:

1. If your peeing thick blood because you ended up falling down and having a curb hit your flank, don't go to an urgent care. I'm still amazed that we didn't operate given the CT.

2. Dear ambulance crews. If you're transporting a penetrating trauma patient from a non-trauma center and a trauma center, make sure that your ETA somehow gets to us. It's never fun to not have an ETA on a trauma activation, especially when he ends up going to the OR.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Can anyone shed some light about the differences between an iPhone 4 and 4s? I can get a 4 for a buck and 4s for 99 bucks, is there that big of a difference?

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Can anyone shed some light about the differences between an iPhone 4 and 4s? I can get a 4 for a buck and 4s for 99 bucks, is there that big of a difference?

To my understanding, you get a little better of a camera, and you get Siri.