the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
To my understanding, you get a little better of a camera, and you get Siri.

With the new iOS update, I think the 4 might have Siri too

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
With the new iOS update, I think the 4 might have Siri too

That's what I initially thought, but I'm pretty sure my 4 doesn't have it after the update. Perhaps I just don't know how to use it though.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
That's what I initially thought, but I'm pretty sure my 4 doesn't have it after the update. Perhaps I just don't know how to use it though.

The 4 still does mnot have Siri. From what i've heard there is additional hardware that is needed for siri to run. The 4 does not have the hardware.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
So, I start my first big boy job tomorrow. I have orientation at my ambulance service, where they're going to have me drive for roughly six months before they allow me to be the single medic on the truck. To be honest, I'm really nervous. I went straight through emt and then medic, and then I took about a year off before starting work because of family problems, so I feel rusty and green. So wish me luck!

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
Can anyone shed some light about the differences between an iPhone 4 and 4s? I can get a 4 for a buck and 4s for 99 bucks, is there that big of a difference?

Go for the 4s. Apple tends to slowly stop supporting the older models as time goes on. The 4 is on the edge of the cliff at the moment, meaning you may not be able to get the next major software update. (No new cool features!)

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
So, I start my first big boy job tomorrow. I have orientation at my ambulance service, where they're going to have me drive for roughly six months before they allow me to be the single medic on the truck. To be honest, I'm really nervous. I went straight through emt and then medic, and then I took about a year off before starting work because of family problems, so I feel rusty and green. So wish me luck!

Good luck :)

JPINFV

Gadfly
I'm starting to become convinced that pulse oximetry should be removed from medicine in general. It's not that the number isn't valuable, but because most of the time no one knows how to trouble shoot or perform clinical correlation.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Currently one of my favorite things to do to fire medics when they are freaking out about an SpO2 of 70% is to switch the monitor to show the pleth waveform and point out that they don't have one.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Currently one of my favorite things to do to fire medics when they are freaking out about an SpO2 of 70% is to switch the monitor to show the pleth waveform and point out that they don't have one.

None of the portable pulse oximetry units on that floor showed a pleth. They have a pulse, a SpO2 reading, and the little bar thing that goes up and down (which it wasn't...). The second machine that they had hooked up was just cycling and not giving a reading at all. I also give a quick many lecture to any of my classmates who use the pulse ox for both a pulse and a SpO2 reading. Unfortunately there's no training in medical school regarding the actual use of most of the toys, so you end up with people blindly believing any number shown. This is also how the nursing staff calls a rapid response team alert for a SpO2 of 40 in a patient at his baseline.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Go for the 4s. Apple tends to slowly stop supporting the older models as time goes on. The 4 is on the edge of the cliff at the moment, meaning you may not be able to get the next major software update. (No new cool features!)

Indeed that is what I did!

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm thinking of getting an iPad 3 with my big fancy $500 10 year gift card from work...or more tools/man garage stuff

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Anyone here cycle a lot? I know motorcycles but is bicycle stuff is all new to me

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm thinking of getting an iPad 3 with my big fancy $500 10 year gift card from work...or more tools/man garage stuff

I got a 4g iPad three with my FEMA deployment money and I love it. Fun toy

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I got a 4g iPad three with my FEMA deployment money and I love it. Fun toy

Seconded.

I got a 32 gig 3 for myself as a present for clearing my FTO time. Awesome for the ambulance.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I'm cheap so I saved over $100 buy getting the old IPad. I don't play games on it and don't do Skype or FaceTime or any of that. So the old iPad works perfectly.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
First episode of Dexter was awesome.